Skills Benchmark Data Scientist Senior - People Advisory Services Open to Flexible Working
EY People Advisory Services are currently investing in an exciting global initiative to develop a suite of reskilling products aiming to address pressing societal reskilling challenges. The world of work is changing. Many countries are experiencing an overcapacity in roles that are becoming redundant and extreme shortages in high-demand skills are expected by 2030.
The digital revolution requires employees to rapidly and routinely reskill to do new things and old things differently. Reinventing education for an age of continuous learning is therefore a top corporate and government priority. Progressive corporations across industries are increasingly investing in reskilling programs to transform their human capital. However, learning and development functions are often ill-equipped and underfunded to drive this change.
The suite of reskilling products we are currently developing products will help our clients address these challenges. The end to end solution will cover a range of current and future focused topics that will be instrumental in developing the skills of the future in the workplace.
This initiative has resulted in a number of interesting and challenging roles becoming available. These roles will provide individuals with an exceptional opportunity to be involved with a high-profile initiative, to interact with consulting teams from across the globe and to engage with senior EY leadership and subject matter experts on a range of emerging topics. Successful will be working in an innovation-driven environment with the resources and expertise of a Big 4 consulting firm.
We require applicants with drive, insight and determination to build a successful solution that will help shape the future of reskilling.
We are currently seeking a Skills Benchmark Data Scientist to join our exciting new team. Reporting to the Solution Lead, you will contribute to the full life cycle of data analysis for the Skills Benchmark from the early stages of data discovery and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. You will typically be required to work with multiple structured and unstructured datasets from disparate sources to support the build of the data pipeline.
Your key responsibilities
- Be responsible for supporting the end to end build of the product across the full lifecycle - data extraction, transformation, loading (ETL), analysis, visualisation, deployment, solution integration and client delivery
- Communicate with business and technology teams to scope and gather requirements
- Highlight and explain the outputs of our analytics to the solution teams in the context of their business requirements
- Handle a large amount of structured and unstructured data from a variety of data sources
- Carry out reactive and proactive data analysis of large datasets using a wide range of technologies, database management systems, Business Information reporting and visualisation software
- Supervise the work of junior team members and be responsible for quality control of work products from the team
- Develop algorithms and solutions and apply analytic techniques to interrogate data quality and completeness, integrate multiple sources and extract insight on trends
- Develop supporting material using a suite of visualisation software and presentation methods to clearly present the benefits of the analysis to other solution teams and stakeholders
- Align to various strategic teams in the areas of technology, innovation and business development
Skills and attributes for success
- Time and project management skills – highly organised with a sound attention to detail and an ability to deliver to deadlines
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills, understanding of algorithms and appreciation of working with data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex analytical concepts to stakeholders from different backgrounds
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experience of working in large/matrix organisations, balancing multiple stakeholder requirements
- Strong time and project management skills
- A sound attention to detail and be highly organised
- An ability to deliver to deadlines
- Strong academic qualifications with a degree in a STEM discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work independently, manage work products and mentor junior team members
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Domain knowledge or experience of people and workforce transformation, learner experience platforms (LxP), or skills frameworks
- Organisational capability, people skills and project management potential
- Previous consulting experience and experience with:
- Relational databases, e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL;
- Data visualisation software: Spotfire, Tableau, or Power BI;
- Azure cloud computing platform;
- Big data technologies such as Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop;
- Statistical techniques (regression, clustering etc.);
- Machine learning and pattern recognition;
What we look for
We are looking for tenacious and curious individuals with a desire to ‘get to the bottom’ of things. You will be intellectually rigorous, with extremely strong analytical skills, have a passion for data, be adaptable and show an ability to build strong relationships.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity& inclusiveness here. We ask because it
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer a reality.