Primary purpose of the role
The Data Scientist / Planning and Modelling Analyst ensures the development and maintenance of the operational and customer modelling, simulation and analytical systems and processes that support the Planning Analysis and Modelling team in delivering quality, safe and reliable planning solutions and minimising customer impacts. The role is supported by Planning Modelling Analysts.Key accountabilities
- Drive the identification of where data analysis/mining can create value and solve problems for the business.
- Ensure the prompt analysis of customer behaviour is conducted in response to interrupted rail services and special events to better align supply with demand.
- Manage the development and maintenance of optimisation and predictive models to provide data based, customer insights and recommendations to support improved service design and operational decision making.
- Drive the identification and provision of reporting tools that can transform complex information to present clear recommendations based on outcomes of modelling and analytical activities to support management and key stakeholder decision making.
- Undertake research into the operations and inputs of models to enhance the ability to produce accurate modelling outputs.
- Adopt new and improved technology to support modelling processes and activities in line with best practice methods.
- Identifying opportunities to improve and coordinate delivery of model outputs with other units.
- Provide on-the-job training and guidance to colleagues on data analysis and modelling techniques.
- Execute safety responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities consistent with the safety management system requirements which are defined.
Role dimensionsThe Senior Planning and Modelling Analyst:
- Develop detailed understanding of infrastructure, and the complexities and constraints of rail networks.
- Managing client expectations about appropriate and useful applications of appropriate models/tools.
- Maintaining a thorough, professional and defensible approach to operational modelling and ensuring that advice and information is always implemented using the latest available, accurate input data.
Key knowledge and experience
- Is responsible and accountable for all service design, timetable and performance modelling, simulation and analysis activities.
- Independent decision making requirements of the position include determining the best modelling approach, with consideration of reliability, transferability and efficiency to deliver improved customer outcomes and initiating research, deciding what is relevant and what direction to pursue for required solutions.
- Collaborative decision making requirements of the position include decisions and actions relating to possession design for Asset Management and major projects and recommending and implementing what-if scenarios testing.
If this sounds like you:
- Extensive experience and knowledge working with large amounts of data and preparing technical documentation.
- Extensive experience with predictive and optimization model development.
- AWS implantation experience
- Tertiary qualification - Mathematics (highly regarded)
Apply! Or drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
OR give me a call on 0292364560
to discuss further. If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps!Misbah Shaikh