Our world is changing fast. We are a company that is making the digital transformation happen. With more than 18.000 passionate experts in 7 CEE countries we are a driver of change and an enabler for millions of people to enjoy it. Join us and bring your individual talent to our team.
Shape the experience YOU want to live. #MakeItHappen.
A1 Group is moving from a classical Telco to a digital company, offering customers a truly immersive digital experience, making us their partner in digitalization far beyond voice, message, internet services, TV and content into all areas of life. We call it empowering digital life.
The Group BI & Advanced Analytics team within the Digital Transformation Center of Excellence (CoE) was set up on group-level to support all OpCos to convert data into value and to transform to data–driven companies.
In this role we deliver company-wide BI and analytics use cases for high-synergy business areas and support the OpCos in all our markets in the specification and implementation of their data-driven initiatives. In addition, we deliver the common data platforms and tools for A1 Group, define the group-wide data strategy and support in data training and change management.
The BI and advanced analytics team is looking for a talented senior data scientist to help us build data-driven products for both the holding and its 7 national affiliates.
What you do
In the first month, you will:
- get your equipment and get your working environment prepared.
- meet the BI and advanced analytics team mates.
- get an overview of the activity portfolio of your team.
- get familiar with our current technology stack (Cloudera / Azure).
- meet your colleagues from the Digital Transformation Centre of Excellence (marketing automation, process automation and value generation teams).
In the first 3 months you will:
- take over existing products that need further developments.
- start working hands-on your first use case(s) (automatic shop replenishment solution, user-based network analytics, anomaly detection for the Controlling department) and develop your first MVP(s).
- get to know the data science community at the group level.
- together with the value generation team, contribute to the identification of local use-cases to which you, as group member, could support to have a maximal impact.
In the first 6 months you will:
- develop further your use cases and deliver your first production-ready code.
- get familiar with and contribute to the 1:1 marketing project that took place in Austria and evaluate its relevance for the other affiliates.
- grow your network in the company and your business understanding.
What you offer
Your technical skills:
- 3+ years of experience working as data scientist, data analyst or machine learning engineer
- A master’s degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics or related
- Full proficiency in a data science programming language (R and/or Python)
- Strong experience in data wrangling and data exploration
- Hands-on experience with machine learning and forecasting algorithms (proficiency in time series analysis is a plus)
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Understanding of the DevOps/MLOps principles, experience with git (version control) is a must, experience with docker is a plus
- Experience working with Azure Machine Learning, Azure Collaborative Work Bench is a plus
Your soft skills:
- You are an active listener and know how to translate business requirements into efficient data-driven solutions.
- You are familiar with agile development methodology.
- You are very proficient with data visualization and know how to communicate complex results to diverse audiences (business teams, leadership).
- You are a team player and enable transparent communication.
- You can mentor less experienced colleagues and organize knowledge sharing.
What makes you unique
- Experience with big data platforms (Hadoop /Cloud), Apache Spark
- Experience with Shiny/Dash/Power BI
- Understanding of and curiosity for the latest development in machine learning/artificial intelligence (deep learning in general, NLP in particular)
What we offer
We build on our expertise with constant learning, offer an open environment for every individual and provide flexible working time and office arrangements. We invite you to join us in this new world of work.
The minimum annual gross salary for this position according to the current collective agreement is EUR 46.504,-. The actual annual salary depends on your skills and experience.
At A1 Telekom Austria Group, we are convinced that women are essential for our business success and our culture. Therefore, we especially welcome applications from women and when faced with applicants of equal qualifications preference will be given to them.