Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to more efficiently shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
Benefitfocus is searching for a Data Engineer to join our team. As a Data Engineer, you will work with senior engineers, architects, and senior data analysts on technical data model designs. In addition, you will also develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Leads and implements features independently and completes all assigned tasks correctly and efficiently.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating problem definition, requirements, and proposed solutions.
- Ensures goals of team are being met by reporting any issues that hinder productivity or stability of product.
- Provides direction to other team members by being available to answer questions and perform code reviews.
- Shows direction in improving Benefitfocus coding standards and product lines by suggesting new ideas and methods to incorporate into our existing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in data engineering.
- 3-5 Years of software production and/or delivery experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical competencies including Power BI development, Python, SQL, T-SQL, and Git.
- Proven track record with planning and delivering coding assignments with high quality.
- Motivated, self-starter results-oriented team player willing to do “whatever it takes” in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
- Experience working in Agile SDLC
- Must be an analytical thinker with a passion for figuring things out; creative problem solving is key
- Must operate well in an environment with unknowns
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Salesforce, JIRA, Microsoft PowerApps, JetBrains suite, and AWS Cloud experience a plus