VSolvit is seeking a detail-oriented Tableau Data Visualization Expert to support analytic and reporting solutions for the Navy Surface Warfare Center (Corona) team using Tableau. The selected candidate will be working closely with a variety of developers to design, develop, and implement Tableau data models and Tableau dashboards enabling Navy commands to analyze data and make better decisions. The candidate will be expected to have a depth of understanding of Tableaus capabilities to solve advanced visualization challenges. The candidate is also expected to work with closely with the data team to architect data schemas and table design to maximize performance and reduce query times.
The selected candidate will also serve as a trainer and mentor to other developers, helping them become proficient in Tableau visualizations. This person will possess an intellectual curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving business problems as well as be an experienced storyteller capable of delivering creative design and interactive data visualizations.
The ideal candidate comes from a rapid development environment, publishing numerous dashboards, and managing multiple competing priorities and assignments. The candidate is expected to be current on modern BI technologies and have strong project management skills
- Work effectively with a broad range of users to interpret their needs and document User Stories.
- Invent creative and innovative ways to answer key questions by leveraging existing data assets or creating new ones.
- Design and implement proof of concept solutions and create advanced Tableau visualizations using action filters, user filters, advanced navigation techniques and Level-of-Detail (LOD) expressions.
- Advanced Tableau development including Tableau data model creation, customize dimensions, advanced calculations, and interactive dashboards.
- Performance tuning of Tableau Server dashboards to minimize the data and rendering refresh cycles and optimize the end user experience
- Enable and improve Tableau Natural Language Processing to empower users to ask probing and complex data questions.
- Drives innovation and creative interfaces for a visually appealing and intuitive user interface and experience.
- Keeps abreast of current trends related to Tableau and other BI technologies
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration to achieve results
- Develop a strong understanding of the business, strategic direction, organizational structure, and overall organizational goals
- Promotes a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science related discipline with 10+ years of work experience in quantitative analysis and data visualization.
- U.S. Citizen
- Must possess a DoD Secret Security clearance or be able to obtain one.
- 8+ years of hands on experience developing Tableau dashboards using complex relational and multi-dimensional data sources like Oracle Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Teradata, Hadoop, or Hyperion Essbase.
- 8+ years of experience with End-to-End Tableau Designer expertise from Tableau data model publication, interactive dashboard design/development to deployment/maintenance. Hands-on skills with use of action filters, user filters, advanced navigation techniques, Level-of-Detail (LOD) expressions.
- 8+ years of experience in Tableau development including Tableau data model creation, customize dimensions, advanced calculations, and interactive dashboards.
- 8+ years of experience tuning the performance of Tableau Server dashboards to minimize the data and rendering refresh cycles and optimize the end user experience
- 8+ years of experience working with data warehouse concepts along with knowledge of SQL to write complex, highly optimized queries across large volumes of data
- 8+ years of experience of project management using agile methodology including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 10+ years of Tableau Experience
- Experience implementing Tableau Natural Language Query features
- Current Security Clearance
Join the VSolvit Team! Founded in 2006, VSolvit (pronounced 'We Solve It') provides geospatial and information technology consulting services and solutions to government and private section clients. VSolvit is an award winning 8(m)/EDWOSB, SBA-certified 8(a)/SDB, and a certified HUBZone company. Our successes are but a reflection of overall team strength and supportive partnerships. Our company fosters innovation which makes it a great place for entrepreneurs and hard workers to be grown. We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, as well as 401K Retirement Plan options, Tuition Reimbursement, and other benefits. Our goal is to grow together and enjoy the work that we do as a team.
VSolvit LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.