About Core & Main
Based in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the United States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn more.Job Description & Qualifications:
Responsible for maintaining and analyzing data in the HR information system. Collects data requirements, programs reports, and maintains system security and data integrity.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Gathers and compiles raw data; conducts research for trends and benchmarks; normalizes data to be incorporated into a central data format.
- Maintains the integrity of organizational data in the HR information system.
- Assists with associate and information loads into the HR information system.
- Audits access to and security of the HR information system.
- Provides support to the HR function in the areas of people metrics, reporting, and analytics
- Analyzes system data and translates its relevance to the end-user; defines data definitions and documents data limitations
- Utilizes technology and analytical tools to develop and analyze company-wide people data as needed.
- Designs and implements reports to help management make appropriate strategic decisions including programming and coding to pull ad hoc reports. Assists internal customers refine requirements for report requests.
- Documents, improves and assists IT in automating
- Prepares spreadsheets for data analysis; prepare reports with charts and graphs, adhoc requests
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across HR and the business; Participates in department and interdepartmental projects.
- Aids in system recovery in the event of a disaster.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- No travel required.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details:
- Experience in working with spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel), strong understanding of financial and business concepts and data.
- Experience working with HR/organizational people data preferred (e.g. headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics, and other people analytics).
- Experience aggregating large volumes of financial data for analysis.
- Experience designing and implementing software applications.
- Experience with test application or data to trace back to user requirements.
- Ability to analyze requirements and translate to specific end-user requirements.
- Workday experience a plus.