Synovus has a vision to expand its digital footprint and create a customer-centric, differentiated experience that supports our brand promise and delights our customers. Under the direction of the Director of Strategy & Innovation, the Digital Data Engineer will be key in our digital data transformation and will drive technical solutions to help improve the scalability and performance of our data stores, data integration, dashboarding and reporting. Responsible for application of analytical rigor to leverage existing and developing analytic infrastructure to support business intelligence (BI) reporting, predictive models, and strategic analyses. Supports and contributes to the data approach and roadmap for all aspects of digital data and analytic initiatives from conception to completion. Applies expertise in data analysis, data mining, and data visualization to drive past the numbers and help build solid recommendations for strategic decisions and ongoing digital initiatives focusing on efforts that will provide increased flexibility and accessibility to our data, and drive our digital pipeline initiatives and ensure data quality. Partners with product and application owners, business leaders, marketing, IT and customer advocates and will be instrumental in fostering a culture of data informed decision-making
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Ensure analytics systems meet business requirements and implement industry best practices
- Manages third party vendors, negotiating with and driving solution providers to adopt data standards and delivery
- Serves as a subject matter expert, thought leader and innovation champion on data strategies across the enterprise
- Proactively identify data gaps, errors, anomalies, inconsistencies, and redundancies in the content, structure, and relationships within databases
- Leverages and deploys methodologies and techniques that increase collaboration and promotes a culture of experimentation and innovation
- Maintain a pulse on cutting-edge data visualization and engineering trends and constantly strive for innovative and creative solutions
- Successfully collaborates and partners with internal leaders and stakeholders to understand objectives and establish priorities
- Designs data integrations and data quality framework and works closely with internal partners to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
- 7+ years of experience within Business Intelligence or Data Science field with a focus on Data Visualization
- 3+ Years' experience with Data Visualization
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- ETL Expertise is essential (SQL/R/Python) and strong understanding of data modeling concepts and design (i.e., to prepare framework for reporting)
- Advanced skill set in data visualization development, advanced calculations, and developing interactive visualizations and demonstrated experience creating graphical user interfaces, mockups, prototypes, and design documents.
- Exceptional collaboration skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate data initiatives across competing objectives and constraints within business, IT and executive leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and enforcing internal processes and best-practices that ensure consistent quality in design and execution of the team's work
- Experience working with streaming and unstructured data from multiple data sources and REST/SOAP Web Service experience
- Knowledge of relational databases and database design
- Knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques including model evaluation/validation
- Proven track record of Innovation and expertise in Data Engineering
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task with superior decision-making, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong ability to communicate ideas effectively- both technical and conceptual; verbally and written
- Quickly comprehends the functions and capabilities of new technology.
- Ability to translate complex data into user-friendly and meaningful information
- Experience in Agile Environments