Senior Data Engineering Advisor
In this ‘era of data’, our ability to leverage high quality insights and deliver personalized experiences to our customers is dependent on strong customer data management and data governance. A critical outcome of a “best in class” customer data management organization is to enable the right customer data, in the most effective and efficient manner, for the many business processes that ultimately serve our customers in their many touchpoints and interactions with Dell every day.
Join us as a Senior Data Engineering Advisor on our Customer Data Technology Enablement team in Austin, Texas or other remote US locations to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Data Engineering Advisor, you will be responsible for building the future data products that enables as-a-service solution that can drastically simplify how customers access technology on demand across storage, servers, networking, hyper-converged infrastructure, PCs and broader solutions. In order to transform our business model to make it simple, easy to use, and consistent, adoption of a future state data model while enforcing security, privacy, quality and other data management principles will be critical to success.
- Coordinates analytic activities utilizing various data points and employ automation to clean, massage, and organize data.
- Experiments against data points, provide information based on experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges.
- Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture. Turns data insights into products with actionable outcomes to the ultimate customer.
- Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 8 to 12 years of experience in data engineering with the ability to lead and make project decisions
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen and advanced analytical knowledge of data
- Experience successfully driving end-to-end delivery of data and intelligence solutions, including a wide variety of mechanisms, e.g. dashboards, APIs, real time alerts, etc.
- Established background in launching software or services in partnership with IT teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles
- Prior experience working on customer experience initiatives, and improving the overall customer experience
- Bachelor's degree required
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.