Healthscope is Australia’s second biggest provider of private healthcare, operating 43 hospitals with a team of more than 33,000 nurses, doctors and staff who treat more than 600,000 patients each year. In the past year, we performed more than 360,000 surgical procedures in a wide range of services, including cardiac, neuro and orthopaedics.
We are looking for a highly motivated, solutions-driven Data Scientist to join our evolving team. Above all, our future teammate will share our aspiration of conquering complex problems through analytics, with an appreciation that we operate in one of the most data-critical sectors globally and strive to solve industry challenges alongside our healthcare peers.
The Data Scientist role will be responsible for the design, engineering, development & support of advanced analytics, that will inform and support decision-makers across the business including hospital operations, health fund contract management, procurement and more. This role calls for a high degree of focus and attention to detail. You must also have a solid understanding of the application of advanced modelling in context and how it affects the business.
As a Data Scientist your responsibilities will include:
- Engage with the stakeholders to identify and define complex data-led problems - conducting analysis, discovering root causes, and providing actionable insights for decision makers.
- Conduct research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms and predictive statistical models to deliver insights from diverse data sources
- Design, implementation, and monitoring of automated ML workflows.
- Generate clear and concise documentation for repeatable processes developed within the team and be able to effectively hand over such processes to other analysts.
- Advanced experience and knowledge in SQL and Python, well beyond simple data transformation
- Experience in design, implementation, and monitoring of ML workflows within Azure ML studio or similar cloud solution.
- Combination of deep technical skills and strong commercial acumen enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer’s organization.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Data Scientist role with a track record of building and implementing Machine Learning or Deep Learning models in a commercial/academic setting.
- Tertiary background in quantitative discipline with strong grades. (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Azure technologies (ie Azure ML Studio, ML Pipeline design and implementation, Logic Apps)
- Data warehousing (E.g. Snowflake, Azure Cloud Platform)
- DevOps tasks like Git, CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes
- API consumption and development
- Real-Time technologies (Kafka, Spark Streaming, Kinesis)
When you join Healthscope, you become part of our Community of Care.
Our people are at the heart of our organisation – no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. We work together to create positive, memorable experiences, alongside our quality care, in every moment of every day.
As the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia, our 42 sites are supported by our central Support Office, enabling them to provide an exceptional experience for the communities we care for. Healthscope opens the door to endless opportunities for our people, giving them the flexibility to work across one or multiple hospitals across our network.
We encourage the pursuit of continuous professional development and education and support our people to grow and flourish securely.
We pride ourselves on working with talented, passionate and caring people to ensure our patients receive the highest quality care and experience during their stay with us.
While our hospital network is vast, Healthscope is a family. We support each other, we share learnings, celebrate successes and face challenges together.
Come and be the difference in our patient’s lives.
Applications close: 31 May 2022