In the Performance Materials Division, we develop innovative plastics and foams for all kinds of applications. Whether it is for cars, buildings, or sports goods - we always look for the ideal material solution. To do this, we work closely with our customers: from production and logistics to research and sales, all the way to component testing, design consulting and simulation.
Our unit Global Information Management supports the Performance Materials division in all IT-relevant topics. This particularly includes the provision of customized individual solutions.
- In your new role, you will act as the central technical contact regarding our projects on the data integration platform, generate documentation for a sustainable use and provide third level support.
- Therefore, you will create and evolve a PM specific R&D data ontology in order to ease data access for the R&D community.
- By incorporating additional data sources such as LIMS systems and others, you will scale the functionality of the data integration platform.
- Furthermore, you will interact closely with R&D users to implement data workflows and create interfaces for data processing using third-party software.
- Last but not least, you will maintain close ties with internal stakeholders such as BASF data integration teams, PM data stewards, the PM digital core team as well as external partners such as software providers.
- background in natural or engineering sciences
- minimum three years of relevant experience in various data management projects, familiarity with R&D and laboratory processes is a plus
- well versed with Python/R, data science and machine learning modules as well as object-oriented languages (Java, C+)
- good familiarity with relational database design (SQL), knowledge in API design is a plus
- excellent communication skills in English, interacting with a wide variety of stakeholders applying a solutions-oriented mindset to deliver results
- high drive to create new possibilities and to change how people interact with data
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
- An attractive competitive salary that is based on the company's success and your individual performance.
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
Do you have questions about the application process or the position? Please reach out to Michael Flick (Talent Acquisition),
Tel.: +49 30 2005-58564
First information about our application process can be found here: http://on.basf.com/applicationprocess.
BASF SE, located in Ludwigshafen am Rhein, is the corporate headquarters of the BASF Group and part of the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region. BASF stands for competence in chemistry since 1865 and is represented today in the world's major consumer markets, with a wide range of products. As the largest employer in the region, BASF SE offers multiple career opportunities for students, university graduates and professionals providing also training in over 30 professions. Leisure, sports, culture, and a good infrastructure characterize the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region, in which BASF is also involved with numerous activities. Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/BASFSE_LU
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.