The Fintech Operations Analyst will focus on all aspects of Fintech Operations items. This Analyst will work with Deposit Services, Accounting, Information Technology, Fintech Partnerships, and Payments clients to manage operational items. This Analyst will focus on operational situations involving Payments and Fintech clients. This Analyst will be a subject matter expert (SME) for Payments and Fintech data integrity and reconciliation processes. This Analyst will also have administrative responsibilities and will coordinate activities with our external partners and vendors.
- Designs and validates reconciliation processes and reports all new and existing programs/products to ensure accurate funds flow and audit trails within the reconciliation.
- Understands the life cycle of account structures and funds flow from creation to wind down.
- Creates extended processes and reporting on complex reconciliations to ensure accurate funds flow and audit trails within the reconciliation.
- Works with the IT department to create accurate and usable daily reporting from the flat files for operations staff.
- Assists in Implementation/Wind downs from an operations perspective including funds flows, ach and new product impact.
- Design and prepare ad-hoc and standard reports to track statistics, identify trends and/or patterns, and assess and streamline processes and procedures.
- Works with new programs/products to ensure funding source disclosures are in accordance with activity and bank policy.
- Performs data integrity review of flat files and SQL imports to ensure all data is accurate, complete and mapped accordingly.
- Train operational support team members on all aspects relating to database and processes.
- Interprets data as required by business lines that is useful to individuals without technical experience.
- Partners with other departments to implement changes to systems and processes regarding flat file data.
- Recommends and implements changes to programs/processors to improve accounting controls and protect the bank from settlement risks.
- Creates written and verbal explanation of data to end users to allow for more informed business decisions.
- Presents findings and recommends actions as needed to senior leadership.
- Train the reconciliation team on the reconcilement process for new programs.
- Reviews reconciliations to provide additional guidance to operations staff for outstanding items.
- Reviews reconciliations to ensure activity is in accordance with program overviews.
- Prepares for internal and external audits/examinations pertaining to Fintech and Payments products.
- Completes Derecognition reconciliation monthly as required.
- Assists in the monthly invoice process to ensure all billing and remittance is timely and accurate.
- Reviews billing contracts to ensure all invoice charges and remittance are in accordance with the agreement.
- Acts as a resource and subject matter expert for various departments providing system guidance, testing and problem resolution regarding impacts related to National Products.
- Completes special projects and performs other responsibilities and duties assigned by management.
This position supervises the Operations Analyst 3. Responsible for the hiring, performance management and development of this employee.
- Sunrise 10X Values
- Dependability & Flexibility
- Organizational Skills
- Quality Service
- Technical /PC Skills
- Work Quality
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school degree or GED Required
- College degree in business related field strongly preferred.
- Ten (10) years accounting or operations experience required.
- Comprehensive experience in the Prepaid, Payments, financial industry and/or accounting required.
- Experience with SQL studio.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks daily.
- Understanding of the funds flow life cycle.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience or knowledge of bank accounting practices and principles of internal controls.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with fluency in data manipulation, importing and exporting information using Excel and Access.
- Extensive experience in reconciliation processes associated with payments and Fintech productions.
- Proven ability to reconcile activity in various DDA and General Ledger accounts.