Amazon Web Services (AWS) is building a world-class marketing organization that drives awareness and customer engagement with the goal of educating developers, IT and line-of-business professionals, startups, partners, and executive decision makers about AWS services and solutions, their benefits, and differentiation. As the central data and science organization in AWS Marketing, the Data: Science and Engineering (D:SE) team builds measurement products, AI/ML models for targeting, and self-service insights capabilities for AWS Marketing to drive better measurement and personalization, improve data access and analytical self-service, and empower strategic data-driven decisions. We work globally as a central team and establish standards, benchmarks, and best practices for use throughout AWS Marketing.
We are looking for a Principal Data Scientist with deep expertise in scaling measurement science, content ranking and rapid experimentation at scale, with strong interest in building scalable solutions in partnership with our engineering organization. You will lead strategic measurement science initiatives across AWS Marketing & Sales ranging anywhere between recommender engines, scaling experimentation and measurement science, real-time inference, and cross-channel orchestration. You are an hands-on innovator who can contribute to advancing Marketing measurement technology in a B2B environment, and push the limits on what’s scientifically possible with a razor sharp focus on measurable customer and business impact.
You will work with recognized B2B Marketing Science and AI/ML experts to develop large-scale, high-performing measurement science models and AI/ML capabilities. We are at a pivotal moment in our organization where AI/ML and measurement velocity has reached an unseen momentum, and we need to scale fast in order to maintain it. Your work will be a key input into a few of our key business goals. You will advance the state of the art in measurement at scale.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Vancouver, BC, CAN
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, or a related quantitative field
- 7+ years of experience of designing and delivering highly efficient and effective AI/ML powered technical solutions that solve organizational business problems at scale
- Expert in designing and supporting large-scale measurement and optimization systems in a production environment
- Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment
- Expert in more than one more major programming languages (C++, Java, or similar) and at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, or similar)
- PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, or a related quantitative field
- 10+ years of experience in marketing measurement science and content ranking AI/ML
- Experience with Generative AI, large scale distributed systems
- Independent thinker and influencer on strategic decisions
- Comprehension of tech stacks and could stay on top of tactical execution
- Strong publication record in one of the following technical topics: recommender system, optimization, reinforcement learning, time series, natural language processing, experiment system design
- Functional knowledge of AWS platforms such as S3, Glue, Athena, Sagemaker
- Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
- Amazon Development Centre Canada ULC
Job ID: A2442022