Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
Inspired by food? Committed to excellent service? So are we.
At Loblaw, we are Food Lovers! We are committed to our Colleagues and Customers and work hard to create a culture that allows us to be our authentic selves while working as a Team. We know that clear communication, collaboration and teamwork is the key to having a successful workplace.
We're looking for talented colleagues who are excited about providing an exceptional shopping experience for customers and delighting them every step of the way!
Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Why is this role important?
Data Scientist – Analyst – Market Division
Market Division Analytics team at Loblaw is looking for a Data Science Analyst to join our fast-growing team. The candidate will help with the data analytics spectrum from ad-hoc database queries through to machine learning models. The team will look for your expertise in helping build production-ready data science solutions. As Canada’s largest retailer, we are uniquely positioned to leverage data driven insights to deliver the needs of our customers. Our culture – Smart, Nice and Curious operates at the center of everything we do and is a critical part of who we are. Join us help Canadians live life well through the power of analytics.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with the business to translate problem statements and then d esign and test analytical modules for modeling
- Be a strong individual contributor who can quickly extract data and hash out working prototypes leveraging cloud technology to solve business needs
- Develop powerful business insights from data using a range of analytical techniques including, but not limited to building predictive models that learn from and scale to massive data sets and the production of interactive data visualizations
- Build statistical, descriptive and predictive models to support experimentation that are easily understood and replicated
- Partner with our Data & Software Engineering departments to build world-class web-based analytical solutions
- Design and build interactive and static data visualizations to provide insights and enable strategic business decision
- Strictly adhere to legal and compliance guidelines; regarding access and exposure to sensitive and confidential information
What You'll Bring:
- Graduate degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or Systems Engineering with focus on optimization methods
- Experience in retail and/or CPG pricing, promotions and assortment is a big plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superb analytical and critical thinking capability; to not only manipulate massive, complex datasets, but also to derive meaningful interpretations & conclusions
- Experience writing production grade code using scientific computing packages (e.g., R, Apache Spark's Machine Learning Library MLlib, NumPy, Scipy Sklearn)
- Programming skills with SQL, Python, PySpark
- Expertise in object-oriented programming
- Well-organized and capable of handling multiple mission-critical projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- A desire and ability to take initiative, multi-task and work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Capability to liaise with all levels across the enterprise on projects and ad-hoc requests
- Experience in Short-release lifecycle (agile processes including scrum)
COVID-19 is a serious condition and has had a devastating impact on Canadians and others across the globe. As a leading Health and Wellness provider for millions of Canadians, our goal is to help all Canadians Live Life Well.
In support of this goal, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to protect the health and well-being of our employees as we continue our phased approach of office reopening. Employees will be required either to be fully vaccinated or undergo regular COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Screening in order to access the workplace.
What You Can Expect:
We are a team of diverse and ambitious data science professionals, who cultivate a friendly and inclusive work environment where you can be yourself. Our employees’ development is at the core of our business, offering endless possibilities for growth, learning and mobility. Let us help grow your skills through one of our many resources including our novel Loblaw Learning Academy, where you have access to hundreds of learning tools, or through casual coffee chats with our leaders who were once in your shoes.
Other perks of joining Loblaw:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- A flexible work environment which values balance
- Colleague Discount Program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Share Ownership plan
- Pension Plan
If the above sounds like a great fit, then we would love to hear from you! Apply today, and get the process started. If you meet the above requirements, expect a call from one of our recruiters, followed by an in-person interview. Our recruitment process will allow you to meet and interact with colleagues at various levels of our business to give you a great perspective of life at Loblaw.
We thank all candidates for their interest but please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted.
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.