At the National Rugby League (NRL) we’re very proud of our game and the impact it has on players, fans and communities. Rugby League is an inclusive sport for everyone. Our workplace champions inclusion and celebrates diversity.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in data engineering? Do you have experience in designing, building, and maintaining scalable data pipelines and platforms? If so, you may be the perfect fit for our Senior Engineer - Data position? This is an exciting opportunity to join our engaging and creative team and play a key role in creating future data capabilities at an enterprise level.
As a Senior Engineer - Data, you will work with a team of talented engineers and analysts to deliver high-quality data solutions for the NRL based in Moore Park, NSW.
- Designing and implementing robust and scalable data infrastructure, including data storage systems, data processing frameworks, and data integration tools
- Developing features and improvements to the product in a way that is secure, well-tested, and performant.
- Working with Engineers and Architects to maintain a high level of quality in a fast-paced, interactive environment.
- Developing code that follows our standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web and/or mobile environment.
- Developing features, improvements, and new functionality with minimal guidance or support from other team members as well as collaborating with the team on larger projects.
- Providing solutions to complex technical problems
- Promoting improvements in product quality, security and performance.
- Managing security and risk guidelines and supporting system documentation related to risk requirements.
Ideally your experience and background will include:
- Extensive experience and expertise in data engineering, ETL processes, and data integration. Proficient in designing and implementing scalable data pipelines and data warehousing solutions.
- A bachelor's degree in higher in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Proficiency in using any ETL tools for data extraction, transformation, and loading. Experience in integrating data from multiple sources into a unified data warehouse or data lake.
- Strong SQL skills, including complex query development, optimisation, and performance tuning.
- Background in data consulting and experience working on projects.
- Experience in designing and developing reporting solutions, including data visualisation tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau) or reporting frameworks (SSRS, Crystal Reports). Familiarity with analytics platforms and techniques for data analysis and insights generation.
- Understanding of data quality principles, data governance, and beset practices for maintaining high-quality and reliable data. Experience in implementing data quality checks, data profiling, and data cleansing processes.
- Positive and collaborative team member, ability to excel in a dynamic environment.
- A passion for learning new technologies and staying updated with the latest trends.
Whilst we look for qualifications and experience, we also look for people who share the same beliefs as our organisation – we are UNITED, POSITIVE, INCLUSIVE & DISCIPLINED.
Applications: If you meet most of the criteria, please apply at your earliest convenience as we are actively interviewing for this role.
We respectfully advise we are not utilising the services of Recruitment Agencies for this job vacancy.
Open to: Candidates who hold Australian work rights can apply for this position. For permanent full-time roles, applicants must have permanent work rights. For further information visit the Department of Home Affairs website.
The NRL is committed to providing a child-safe environment where children and young people are safe, feel safe, and their voices heard about decisions that affect their lives. The NRL have strong recruitment procedures with extensive screening of applicants including comprehensive reference checks, identity checks, Working with Children checks and/or national criminal history checks to ensure the safest and most suitable people work with us.