(www.rfamec.com) is seeking an experienced Python developer to join our team of engineers working onsite at our customer's facility in Urbandale, Iowa
. You will be working with a high-velocity team of multi-disciplined engineers, developers, and architects that are developing big data pipelines to enable next-generation autonomous vehicles.
for this position are associated with developing and maintaining data pipelines that ingest and post-process video streams, sensor data logs, and related metadata to be stored and used for ML model training, regression testing, and analysis.
- Collaborate with data platform developers to perform functional verification and integration validation of data transformation processes.
- Develop and document common practices for data registration and config generation
- Participate in code reviews, code optimization, and refactoring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field or industry experience
- 3+ years of Python coding experience, familiar with utilizing packages such as pandas, boto3, subprocess, argparse, json, csv, os
- 3+ years Git/GitHub experience and knowledge of branching best practices
- 2+ years experience with AWS cloud tools such as S3, ECR, Lambda, SQS/SNS, CloudFormation, or IAM role.
- 2+ years experience with SQL, relational databases, and tools such as MongoDB, AWS Athena, or Databricks Delta Lake
- 1+ year experience with large-scale data operations and transformation utilizing tools like PySpark, Kubeflow, or Docker containers
- Familiarity with CAN J1939 communication protocol
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to lead conversations and collaborate
- Strong, demonstrated problem-solving and debugging skills
- Ability to influence others without authority
- Ability to work in a well-organized manner, provide clear status updates, and deliver results in a timely manner
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry-leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is engineering off-highway equipment including agricultural and construction equipment, engine and drive train development, consumer, recreational, industrial, and special machines.
RFA Engineering is domestically owned and operated exclusively by engineers who have spent their careers in the industry. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
Why work for RFA?
- Health and Dental Insurance Programs
- Company Paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurances
- Retirement Savings Account (401k)
- Flexible Spending Plan for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly