- Want To Work For a Cutting Edge Tech Start-Up Within Blockchain and NFT’s?
- Are you a motivated, results-oriented team player?
- Do You Appreciate the Flexibility of Working From Home?
Virtually Human Studios (VHS) in exploring the fringes of entertainment delivery for the next generation. Founded in 2019, Virtually Human is a gaming and entertainment blockchain startup and proud creators of the viral NFT gaming platform of its time, ZED RUN. VHS has partnered with some of the most innovative and leading gaming and sports giants around the world, including Unikrn and Atari just to name a few.
We are looking for a certified Data Engineer to join and contribute to the delivery of our Blockchain entertainment product, working within a medium size team and supported by the CTO.
You have at least 3 years of experience working in a similar position, ideally within blockchain. You are a team player who can get up to speed quickly, and can influence and motivate them for alignment with key business objectives.
You have the flexibility required to work with a globally distributed development team across multiple time zones along with a good internet connection at all times to allow for easy facilitation of group video calls. You can write and speak fluent English.
- Proven ability to take raw data and transform it in ways to best capture its value and insights;
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets;
- Strong experience writing SQL queries for analyzing data and transforming it according to business requirements;
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and MongoDB;
- Experience with cloud services such as Redshift and BigQuery;
- Experience with building and managing data warehouses and data lakes;
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: dbt, Luigi, Airflow, etc;
- Experience with both batch and real time data processing;
- Demonstrated experience using Python, GIT, SQL, Visualisation Tools, Data Notebooks (e.g. jupyter) and Linux;
- Google cloud experience is desirable but not essential.
Why Work For VHS?
- Attractive and competitive salary;
- Flexible work from home arrangement;
- A supportive friendly environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers;
- Exposure to the new aged world of Blockchain and NFT’s;
- Make the role your own!
To be considered for this position please provide a copy of your resume and cover letter and/or digital video resume outlining and addressing the selection criteria.