Are you passionate about building products that empower people, businesses, and communities? Do you want to work on exciting new startup ideas and bring them to market with the backing of a major financial institution? We are looking for a senior data scientist to help make this happen.
As an Associate Data Scientist at Ventures Studio you will:
- Sit at the intersection between product, engineering, and leadership to inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- Build key data sets to enable deep-dive analyses and machine learning models to drive customer success
- Advocate for strong analytical standard methodologies across the organization
- Create visualizations to represent data for consumption by our Product and Marketing teams
- Participate on a cross-functional team using agile methodologies
- Work on all Studio products including but not limited to City Builder and Worthi to help extract, clean, analyze new data sources and potential new features
- Help conduct original research on Studio initiatives including but not limited to Racial Equity and COVID-19 response
- Work within the bank to help find and reduce bias in our products and help define best practices and standards
- Become a source of knowledge and make recommendations to the greater team and company as a data expert relating to above research
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc. or equivalent experience
- You have 2+ years of experience working as an Associate Data Scientist (or similar role i.e. Data Analyst, Business Analyst, etc.) on a software team
- Proficient in Python & SQL
- Experienced with packages such as NumPy, SciPy, pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib
- Hands on experience with medium to large datasets (i.e. data extraction, cleaning, analysis and presentation)
- Experience creating visualizations to explain complex analysis
- Experience with Data Engineering processes (i.e. creating and maintaining data pipelines)
- Experience with version control systems such as git
- You have a wide range of experience with statistical tools, machine learning, and big data analysis
- You have excellent written and verbal skills
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You are highly motivated and a standout teammate
- You can work out of our office in downtown San Francisco or New York
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains so you should be interested in learning new things. Citi Ventures’ mission is to drive customer-focused innovation and cultural transformation that delivers new growth and value for Citi. We invest in startups, pilot new technologies, and test new solutions and business models with the potential to transform the future of financial services. The Ventures Studio at Citi Ventures develops collaborative solutions that drive economic vitality for people, businesses and cities.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO is the Law poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting