We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
What you’ll do
We are looking for a passionate Data Scientists to help scale our understanding of the Earth Commerce user experience by modelling customer attributes and behaviours.
- Earth Commerce is a public cloud offering that implements an event-driven microservice architectural pattern structured with a collection of small, loosely coupled services that operate together to achieve a common goal.
- You will have the opportunity to make a big impact on a team that is getting a lot of visibility and tackling novel challenges in sustainability, circular economy and data modelling.
- Have direct impact on the growth of an early stage start up an see the impact of your work
- Work together with design, engineers, and product management to deliver new and improve existing features.
- Model the relationship between user characteristics + behaviours and key business outcomes
- Classify different types of users based on their characteristics and behaviors
- Partner with stakeholders from multiple disciplines (Founders, Engineering, PMs, data analysts, data engineers, qualitative researchers) to clearly define the problems to be solved
- Communicate insights from your analyses to diverse audiences including non-technical and technical roles
What you bring
Experience modeling and classifying data using machine learning techniques, including clustering techniques, using Python
- A degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, machine learning, economics or a related field
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Experience with communicating insights from your analyses to diverse audiences including both non-technical and technical roles, including executives
- Data visualization experience
Meet your team
Earth Commerce enables a regenerative business world with zero waste. Powered by SAP. iO we create regenerative processes in B2B manufacturing to allow businesses to participate and thrive in the circular economy for the betterment of the planet.
Our cross-industry trading platform allows multiparty collaboration through our sourcing, procurement, and supply planning engines. The Earth Commerce ecosystem leverages business networks with innovative technology to allow collaboration across the value chain. It aggregates supply, guides purchase optimization based on sustainable cost-benefit attributes and provides visibility into inventory to meet buyers’ sustainability requirements.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 337864 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid