About The Role
Gartner is looking for passionate, creative data engineers who are excited to foray into any technology and create innovative products for end users. We are building an Innovation Team which will work on new growth products for the future. The team will be responsible for R&D into new areas and come up with rapid solutions that can be taken to the market.
What You’ll Do
- Be a part of a new energetic team of engineers delivering fresh Products.
- Work as a Data Engineer.
- Work with Open-source technologies and applications.
- Work in a fast-paced environment along with passionate, technology rock stars.
- Follow coding standards, build appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts.
- Continuously problem-solve to create secure and simple solutions.
- Create a robust backend for massive scalability and high performance.
- Bring to life elegant and modern data solutions.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related engineering field w/experience in software development.
- 3 - 5 years of experience developing customer facing products or web applications.
- Expertise in Apache Spark, Hadoop, EMR and similar frameworks with Java or Python skills.
- Expert skills in creating data engineering pipelines.
- Exposure to relational database, NoSQL/ Elastic Search/Solr.
- Strong experience with writing SQL queries.
- Built solutions for high performance and low latency.
- Exposure to writing machine learning algorithms is a big plus.
- Strong experience with unit testing and end-to-end testing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What We Offer
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:72069
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.