AHI agilon health, inc.
Remote - MA
Job Title :
Principal Data Engineer - Integrations
Job Description :
agilon health is looking for a well rounded Principal Data Engineer who can drive rapid prototyping and development with both Product and Technical teams. You'll be instrumental in building and scaling new high value medical data capabilities to enable products, and insights.
As a member of agilon health’s Technology Group, step into a key role on an expanding data engineering team to build our data platforms, data pipelines and data transformation capabilities. This is a great opportunity to not only help define and implement our data platform strategy on the Cloud, but also have a meaningful impact on our customers.
What You'll Bring:
- 7 to 10+ years software development and engineering experience and demonstrated engineering team leadership in data ingestion/integration to Data Warehouse/Data Lake with Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Working experience with EDI and medical data protocols/formats such as HL7, FHIR and X12
- Significant experience with databases, building data flows for data acquisition, aggregation, and modelling using traditional ETL solutions like Airflow, SSIS, Talend, or similar
- Experience with data workflow modelling for logical and physical models
- Experience with data cleansing, transformation, validation, and monitoring
- Experienced in Python, SQL Languages
- Working knowledge of Snowflake / Postgres Databases
- Experience with AWS, Talend, Kubernetes or similar technology
- Solid analytical and reasoning skills for design, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Great communication skills with technical and non-technical teams
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with MDM and data quality tools such as Informatica, Talend, or similar
- Technical user interfaces (for internal tech teams)
- Familiarity with machine learning and NLP data stability needs
- Web scraping and CSS/XPATH selectors
- Basic familiarity with visualizing data with Tableau, Business Objects, Quicksight, PowerBI and similar tools