If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form
. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.Data Engineer II - People Data Platform
Expedia Group (EG) revolutionizes travel through the power of technology. Across the globe, our brands make travel easier for millions of people who want to step out of their homes and into the world. We’re a hardworking and focused team from all over the world - with 20,000 + employees, in over 30 countries. Together we seek new ideas, innovative ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds, and approaches because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous.
Your main responsibility will be working with the team and our customers to design, and implement our next-generation data warehouse and Data Lake on AWS, in addition to maintaining and growing the existing People Data Business needs.
Moving to one platform is key to enabling our mission to power global travel for everyone, everywhere. Shifting our people data to one platform and developing a world class analytical product suite is crucial to our ability to create a differentiating experience for Expedians world-wide.
The People Analytics team at Expedia Group is a rapidly growing team that uses data to understand our organization’s health and to define and shape the Expedian employee’s experience. Core to this mission is our ability to develop and deploy scalable analytics solutions that embed seamlessly into the day-to-day of our employees. We are searching for People data platform engineer.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- You will build/extend toolsets, create/maintain tables & calculations, and create systems documentation
- You will work with Expedia Group Data Platform Team for our design, building, and enhancement of our People Data Platform
- You will optimize and automate ingestion, cleaning, and export processes for a variety of data sources into and out of the People Data Platform
- You will drive data investigations across organizations inside and outside of HR to deliver a resolution of technical, procedural, and operational issues
- You will advocate for enhancements within our systems that will allow the People Data Platform to run efficiently with high quality data
- You will assist in managing and influencing large scale projects to set the future direction for people data and analytics across Expedia
About Expedia Group
- 3+ years of hands-on experience designing and operating large data platforms
- 2+ years of leading technical teams
- Strong familiarity with People data and workforce data structures
- 3+ years leading complex data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWStechnologies—Redshift,S3, EC2, and other data technologies
- Expert in SQL and relational databases (Dremio, Trino, Snowflake, etc.)
- Expert is efficient & scalable database structures and database design
- Experience with Java, Python, or similar programming languages
- Experience in Cloud Data Technologies and optimizing Big Data is a plus
- Experience in implementing SDLC methodologies and working in Agile SCRUM
- Knowledge about Tableau BI design & development (requirements gathering/development/QA/UAT/deployment)
- Skilled at debugging and optimizing code and automate routine tasks (such as data validation)
- Background in business measurement, Human Resources, e-commerce, or a comparable reporting and analytics role
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs .
Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.