The UH Meds Pharmacy Services team exist to enhance our
patient’s quality of life through exceptional care, superior outcomes at the
highest value. The UH Meds team is seeking a data analyst to work closely with
the internal and external key stakeholders to identify opportunities for
business development and improvement. The data analyst will collaborate with
health system, senior leadership, clinic staff, and clinical pharmacist
specialist to obtain the appropriate clinical and financial information need to
perform business outcomes analysis. The Pharmacy Data Analyst (PDA) will need
to have a working knowledge about pharmacy operations, value-based
reimbursement, and manufacturer assistance programs. The PDA will be
responsible for building and maintaining dashboards that enables the health
system and pharmacy leadership to improve medication adherence, reduce patient
readmission rates, and ultimately improve health outcomes through the
collection and extraction of clinical, behavioral, and financial data and
shared on a regular cadence with department leadership.
This will be a 40-hour per week position that may have a
rotating schedule based on operational needs. The position will work from the
UH Home Care building in Warrensville Ohio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the Pharmacy Data Analyst include
but is not limited to the following:
1. Demonstrate customer services qualities that instill
2. Mentors others on how to provide the highest level of customer
3. Effectively follows up and closes all issues assigned or
identifies issues to management with recommendations on how to proceed.
4. Maintains strict confidentiality of patient and financial
information in assigned area of responsibility (HIPAA).
5. Interact with physicians, nurses, and other health care
professionals in a courteous and professional manner
6. Maintain organized workspace to help foster efficient
Measurement & Financial Analysis
1. Hold regular discussions with leaders to understand
processes and conduct data analysis based on discussed health system and
2. Function as a coach/consultant to assist department in
defining, measuring and analyzing data gaps
3. Mastery of basic statistical concepts, tools and
techniques and working knowledge of advance statistical topics.
4. Advance skills to define the analytical need, integrate,
interpret and report findings to all leaders.
5. Elevate issues promptly to supervisors to promote
positive outcomes for internal and external customers
Problem Solving & Implementation
1. Handle multi department designs and implementation
comflicts and work to resolution.
2. Ensure that users have provided need imput and have a
sence of ownership for the final solutions developed
3. Confirm that solutions developed spread and provide best
practice across entire system domain
4. Proactively collaborates with management in evaluating
data capability for workflow audits.
5. Consolidates, analyzes and reports data from multiple
clinical and operational systems.
Data Management & Execution
1. Consolidates, analyzes and reports data from multiple
clinical and operational systems.
2. Provides project leadership, direction, coaching and
facilitation across multiple health system disciplines.
3. Delivers data requirements for accreditation reporting in
collaboration with area leader, business operations and clinical outcome
4. Collaborates with management in development dashboard for
industry Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). 5. Consistently delivers daily,
monthly, or quarterly to provide routinely generated reports.
6. Ability to participate in creating training documents,
policy and procedures, standard operating procedure, quick reference guides and
other literature as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree – preferred
Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
Proficiency in SQL a plus; desire to learn SQL a must
Minimum 2-5 years of Data Analyst systems experience
(Tableau, Power BI, SAS, R, Minitab, SPSS)
Experience writing, debugging and documenting complex
queries against relational databases.