We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is growing and is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to contribute to our data science team. Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. We take pride in our work and are looking for a superstar to add to our high-performing team.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment where you’ll collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of smart people including machine learning scientists, analysts, software engineers, and product managers. You’ll be encouraged to take ownership of your projects and to find new opportunities and problems where machine learning could be applied to improve the business. You will apply your modeling skills to a wide variety of problems such as Recommender systems, Ranking algorithms, Search Engine Marketing, Computer vision, and NLP. You will deploy your solutions online and be able to observe the impact of your work in real-time as you help the company grow. What you will do:
- Develop advanced machine learning models to solve a variety of complex business problems (Personalization, Ranking algorithms, Recommendations, Search Engine Marketing, Computer vision, NLP).
- Prototype algorithms, evaluate, deploy, and test new models in production.
- Demonstrate leadership in design and implementation of new machine learning solutions for complex business problems.
- Take a pro-active approach, guide the business and advocate for best practices of machine learning to maximize business impact.
- Automate ETL processes.
- Communicate the results to business stakeholders.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to refine business problem formulation and troubleshoot implementation.
What you’ll get
- 5 years of industry experience for Masters, or 3 year for PhDs.
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field.
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in Python for numerical/statistical programming (including Numpy, Pandas, and Scikit-learn)
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus.
- Flexible hours.
- Flexible summer work schedule.
- Excellent contributory pension.
- Full family private medical cover.
- Full dental cover.
- Time off between Christmas and New Year (on us!).
- Annual lifestyle allowance ($1500 +).
- Personal travel reimbursement.
- Critical illness plus full life cover.
- Employee assistance program.