As part of our growing data team, you will be working consultatively in a senior role with other data engineers, business intelligence developers and insight analysts to help provide impactful, user centric and value enhancing data solutions to business stakeholders.
You will develop real-time and batch data pipelines that process data from a wide range of boohoo systems to produce useable, trusted and performant data models in a Big Query data warehouse.
You will work collaboratively in a senior role as part of a growing and continuously learning team of Data Engineers that take a hybrid remote/office approach to working.This is an exciting opportunity for someone to further master their Data Engineering skills whilst having a substantial impact in a dynamic and growing fashion ecommerce business.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work side by side your colleagues in the data engineering team to develop data solutions that help us get ahead of our competition
- Develop highly scalable, robust data pipelines to transform raw data into high value user centric data assets within our enterprise data warehouse
- Design processes to manage batch and real-time ingestion, data integration, cleansing and validation.
- Work closely with business stakeholders gathering requirements collaboratively designing data solutions that satisfy business needs
- Partner with the Insight and analytics team to help deliver insights that solve the complex business challenges that emerge in a highly competitive and always adapting fashion ecommerce business
In Data, we charge towards commercial aims. Out proactive business partnering, advice and forecasting, give the Group confidence to succeed. We are all about delivering world-class data, addressing limitations, overcoming challenges, and ensuring the business invests in the right things!More About You
Working with us
- Experience working at a lead or senior level within a data engineering team
- Experience designing and implementing complex data solutions within a cloud data stack
- Experience in a data engineering or data warehousing
- Experience of working in a CI / CD environment
- Experience of working with SQL & Python
- Experience of working with large and complex datasets
- Experience of dimensional modelling
- Exposure to GCP data solutions (Big Query, Dataform, Cloud Deploy etc)
- Exposure to a combination of batch and streaming pipeline technologies
- Exposure of MSSQL, MySQL, AWS platform (S3, Athena, Redshift)
- Highly organised and process driven
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic approach to work
- Ambitious, driven individual who excels in challenging environments
- Team player, able to work with multiple business functions to achieve objectives
To succeed here, you must love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- A new 'all-tech' hub that's dog friendly!
- Free on-site gym with daily classes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands including: boohoo, boohooMAN, PLT, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work!