Data Scientist – Fully remote – Python
A key client of ours are currently looking for a Data Scientist to join their small Data team. Joining a business in their infancy in regards to Data, the ideal candidate will relish the opportunity to guide the business on their journey with data optimisation.
The role is to create value from data by developing analysis tools to give key insights enabling the business to have competitive advantage.Key Responsibilities
- Be an integral part of the wider data strategy working closely with the business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Preparing and cleaning data for analysis and modelling
- Use machine learning tools, statistical and analytical techniques to produce new insight for the business and clients
- Conduct research and explore data using leading data science practices
- Interact with the company’s clients to identify their information and research needs
- Combine internal and external data sets to drive insights and models across all service offerings
- Create clear reports and visualisation of identified insights for clients and the business
- Maintain awareness of data science developments externally that will bring value to the company
- Proficiency in statistical and other tools/languages, specifically R and Python.
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Intermediate SQL is desirable and Intermediate Cognos is advantageous
- Experience in one or some of; statistical modelling, machine learning, data mining, data virtualisation, unstructured data analytics and/or natural language processing