J.P. Morgan Wholesale Payments
organization combines four lines of business: Merchant Services, Treasury Services, Commercial Card and Trade Finance to help clients manage working capital and increase operational efficiency.Wholesale Payments sits at the intersection of finance and technology and is one of the largest players (processing $6 trillion of payments a day) in an industry undergoing a major transformation. J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services - specifically developed to meet the challenges treasury professionals face today. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
The Wholesale Payments Data and Analytics team is responsible for defining and executing the multi-year global analytics strategy and roadmap. We are a new and rapidly growing team of change agents inside J.P. Morgan. We are data scientists, design strategists, and business leaders creating and building data products that transform the way we and our clients do business - balancing the art of decision making with science. What we build matters and will have huge impact; our products and solutions will reach thousands of our clients around the world, and affect how J.P. Morgan does business, moving trillions of dollars a day.
New technologies, analytics and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. You will be at the leading edge inside the company driving change.
We are looking for a client facing data scientist who:
- Builds strong relationships with internal teams and clients and is passionate about unlocking value using analytics
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity for solving difficult problems
- Is a self-starter with strong technical knowledge and a hands on approach to using our data assets both efficiently and effectively
- Is an Influencer with great interpersonal skills and proven ability to achieve alignment
In this role, you will:
- Explore how money moves through our network and around the world. Working in close partnership with teams selling, developing and creating Wholesale Payments products, including consumer-to-business payments, B2B payments, liquidity and cash management, FX, trade finance and more, turning data into insights to impact the strategy and direction of JPM products.
- Develop approaches for understanding each individual client and their behavior to deliver highly impactful custom insights /consulting for a continually improved payment experience
- Invent creative and innovative ways to answer key business questions by leveraging existing data assets or creating new ones
- Develop, plan and execute analytical projects as an individual contributor and in teams. Bring order to disparate requirements with high tolerance for ambiguity, very strong problem solving ability, and excellent client engagement skills
- Contribute to productization analytical insights in collaboration with product managers, end users, developers, and other stakeholders to integrate data discoveries and processes into operational capabilities
- Be a data storyteller, deliver practical data insights in a compelling manner to senior leadership. Articulate findings clearly and concisely including presentations, discussions and visualizations.
- Develop and maintain deep subject matter expertise in the wide range domains in payments and liquidity to support a diverse set of products. Developing bank data into a data asset will require deep expertise in current-state systems and the ability to understand how it all works will allow us to insert tactical and strategic product solutions in the mix between legacy back-end.
We are looking for someone with:
- Quantitative background - Bachelor's degree in analytical field (e.g. econometrics, statistics, engineering, mathematics, computer science). 2+ years relevant experience preferably in the Financial domain. Expertise in data mining, quantitative research techniques, theories, principles, and practices. Understanding of statistics, optimization and machine learning methodologies
- Experience across the full range of database and business intelligence tools especially SQL on Hadoop (Hive, Impala, Spark), Python and ability for rapid prototyping in Tableau; publishing and presenting information in an engaging way.
- Passionate, creative, and analytical. You love data, curious to explore and unveil insights to create a business story and to impact key business decisions
- Analytical thought leader - You can define the analytical agenda for projects, frame ambiguous business questions into analytical plans (e.g., assess data needs, source files, prepare data, create new features, evaluate quality, etc.), and execute.
- Cognitive and Communications Skill - Highly articulate, built upon an underlying fundamental clarity of thought. General ability to root out fundamental issues, bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant insights, and drive to clear decisions.
- Leadership - Primary focus of building something of significance. Willingness to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes. Self-confidence, poise, and personal presence that inspires confidence in others.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans