Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.Job Summary
- Position will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and support of the Big Data Analytics solutions on cloud (AWS) in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Collaborate with key stake holders and translate business requirements to technical requirements and implement solutions under the guidance of technical leads.
- Dive into large, noisy, and complex real-world customer TV and Digital Ad viewing data to do pre-campaign planning and post campaigns performance measurement using Big data Platform (DataBricks, Pyspark, Glue, EMR).
- Responsible for building automated data pipelines to ingest data, integrate data from multiple data sources (On-Premise & Cloud) and create aggregated data sets for reporting needs.
- Strong understanding of database structures, query languages (e.g. SQL), fundamentals of mathematics, distributed systems (Hadoop), data science, and statistical concepts.
- Experience consolidating and integrating data from multiple sources (On-Premise & Cloud).
- Ability to analyze, transform and aggregate large data sets (Big Data) using BI tools (Hive QL, Pyspark, Jupyter Notebooks, AWS Athena, AWS Glue).
- Ability to automate PySpark Jobs using Lambda/Glue/EMR/Python and fine tune for performance.
- Ability to Architect and Design Big Data Analytics solutions on cloud (AWS).
- Knowledge of Media/Advertising industry.
Preferred Educational Level:
- Experience sharing insights and recommendations to audiences with varying levels of analytic understanding
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology
- Team player with a “can-do” attitude
- “Lean forward” bias to find opportunities and drive results
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines, and levels
- BS or MS degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field of study
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- 5+ years of Hands-on experience in Big Data Analytics geared towards BI insights.
- 3+ years of Hands-on experience working on data pipelines, automation of jobs using big data technologies (Spark, Python, Pyspark, Glue).
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux, DataBricks, and Azkaban or similar tools.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Python and relational databases.
- Knowledge of AWS services such as Glue, Athena, Lambda, EC2, IAM, CloudWatch, EMR, S3 and Big data Query engines like Hive, Presto, Spark.
- Hands-on experience working with Big Data and building Data Analytics solutions on Cloud (AWS).
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.Education
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.