Permanent Full Time
Band 6 ($89,846 to $97,345) plus 10% Super plus monthly Accrued Day Off
Maribyrnong City Council is undergoing significant change in population growth, redevelopment, and a transitioning economy is leading to an influx of new residents, businesses and opportunities. Maribyrnong is becoming a sought after residential area and a destination for foodies.
Our Corporate Performance and Planning Section has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and suitably experienced Data Analyst to join our friendly and professional team. Reporting to the supportive and flexible Coordinator Corporate Performance and Planning, you will develop constructive working relationships with Managers, Coordinators and staff to assist the organisation in making evidence-based performance and service decisions.
We aspire to do this through the:
Management and development of the corporate planning and reporting systems to enable data collection and analysis of Council‘s performance;
Collation, manipulation and analysis of data in the preparation of visually meaningful reports such as graphs, charts and dashboards;
Supporting service and workforce planning, service reviews and continuous improvement initiatives;
- Implement improvements to Council and service planning systems for managing and reporting on data, to provide business analytics, workforce and operational performance insights.
- Work closely with Managers to determine the type of data analysis necessary and recommend how the organisation or service could go forward, making projections about future expectations.
- Coordinate Council's obligations to the Local Government Performance Reporting Framework to meet reporting and obligations.
- Build evidence based maturity, with data analytics and related activities to support service reviews, benchmarking, process mapping, service planning, and performance reporting and continuous improvement.
- Prepare written and statistical reports for consideration by Managers and the Executive Management Team as required.
To be considered for this role, you ideally will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification in data, business analytics, business administration, statistics or finance with some relevant data analytics experience. Alternatively, lesser formal qualifications but with substantial relevant data analytics experience.
- Advanced skills in the use of Excel, Power BI, Visio, survey tools, performance manager and proficient in the use of Word, Windows, operating systems, analytical software and databases.
- Relevant experience in minitab and / or other statistical applications, data integration, processing, business intelligence, google analytics, and manipulation of big data.
- SQL Knowledge would be an advantage.
Our ideal candidate will be curious and collaborative in nature and someone who is confident in their ability to build great relationships with their key stakeholders. To be successful in this role, you will also be able to demonstrate your ability to think critically, troubleshoot and continually improve systems and planning processes.
Why Choose Maribyrnong?
- Work cross functionally in a friendly, supportive and professional multidisciplinary team;
- Enjoy a flexible work environment;
- Work in a meaningful role within a Values driven organisation;
- Relish a vibrant foodie hub at your doorstep;
- Take an Accrued Day Off every month.
So, if you are looking for a role where you can make a genuine difference and you enjoy working in a diverse community focused environment, Apply Now!
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and a Cover Letter via our Careers website telling us why you think you would be a great fit for this position and outlining your relevant experience in support of your application by 10:00pm on Sunday, 31 October 2021.
To download a copy of the position description please visit us at: http://maribyrnong.recruitmenthub.com.au
We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to child safety and supporting the best interests of children in all our operations. Council encourages young people, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.