Senior Data Analyst, Product Analytics
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is looking for an experienced data analyst to join our dynamic and fast paced Product Analytics Team on our Viator brand, home to over 300K bookable experiences worldwide. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of complex and interesting business problems and have access to huge data sets. You will present your finding to Senior Leadership and be able to observe the impact of your work in real time as you help the company grow. This is a great opportunity to make your mark on a growing brand in the Tripadvisor family strongly recovering post Covid-19.
We are seeking a Senior Analyst, Product Analytics who has the analytical skills and business knowledge to support numerous end users from an analytics and measurement perspective and is looking to join a fast-growing all-star team dedicated to providing the highest quality data driven insights.
- Lead analysis/reporting of current business operating metrics, focused on developing the capability to provide insight into Tripadvisor's products and improving Tripadvisor's understanding of its market-by-market customer propositions and competitor positioning.
- Provide timely insights and analytical support to different internal stakeholders to support effective business decision-making, including Product, Marketing, Supply and Business Development.
- Create concepts, justify business cases and manage the implementation of changes to the website experience to improve customer engagement and value metrics.
- Employ/automate reporting tools to measure customer interaction (such as acquisition of members, engagement metrics, and member and user value) and competitor positioning. (such as reach and page impression growth, content feature set, and marketing activities)
- Lead analysis of consumer and member behavior across the websites, using web analytics tools and internal warehouse data to identify source of traffic and which areas of the site, content and functionality users are engaging in.
- Identify key success indicators and determine best practices for measurement and reporting.
- Lead product experimental design like A/B or Multi-variate test to identify opportunity for product optimization and improve business KPIs.
- Assist with ad hoc queries and provide analytical support to our fast-growing business as it evolves.
What we are looking for?
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical role (ideal backgrounds include: a similar business analyst role at a web company, a data-based consulting role, or other data strategy type positions)
- Bachelor's Degree in an analytical field (math, economics, engineering, statistics, etc), Master’s Degree a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, involving data analysis, experimental design and predictive modeling
- Ability to work with large dataset and summarize findings in a clear format
- Combine creative and pragmatic use of insight and data with attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel, SQL, R/Python, Tableau and a few other useful tools of the data trade
- Proactive not reactive, with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take in loose requirements, work independently, ask smart questions, and produce high quality actionable insights
- Confident with learning new tools, technologies, and methodologies
- Ability to work at all levels including senior management; and across multiple functions/departments
- Small company experience with hands on / can-do mindset is an advantage
- Some programming/scripting ability a huge plus
- Experience with statistical packages such as SAS, R, SPSS, etc. a plus
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.