We are looking for a passionate, self-reliant and skilled Data Scientist with an open can-do attitude to join us on our journey, building and productionizing machine learning applications, to automate and personalize Tele2’s customer interactions.
As a Data Scientist you will work close with our data engineers in building and operationalizing predictive models. Our final deliveries are not insights in PowerPoint presentations or an answer to an ad hoc query, but an AI product running in production, generating scores daily, consumed by third-party systems (such as marketing automation systems, call center systems etc.)
Key responsibilities include:
- Clarifying requirements for predictive model use case as described in roadmap; including identifying scope, working with business and IT stakeholders to define approach and output, and designing solution together with data engineers in the team.
- Break down problem into steps required to solve problem end to end.
- Feature design and creation, including ETL. Production ready ETL not required, but data scientists are expected to be self-reliant in constructing datasets ready for modelling.
- Model design, training and deployment
- Assist product owner in identifying future use cases
- Support business units by transferring use cases into actions, like business process changes, campaign activities or automation of model scoring.
- Minimum of 3+ years as data scientist (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3+ years commercial experience working with data (i.e. only academic experience not sufficient)
- Proficient using Spark, SQL and Python (and relevant libraries) for data wrangling, preparation, analysis, visualization and modelling
- Understanding of Big Data principles
- A theoretical statistics and machine learning foundation coupled with a thorough understanding of how to apply machine learning methods to solve real-world problems – appreciating that it’s not just about “applying” a machine learning algorithm to a dataset
- Business mindset
- Experience working with Git
- Fluent in English
- Curious to learn new tools, languages and methods
Considered as merits:
- Academic degree in a quantitative field (statistics, mathematics, engineering etc.) is highly preferred but not required for candidate with proven outstanding past performance and experience.
- Experience of agile way of working and exposure to JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Experience working in AWS or other cloud environments
- Experience working with unstructured data
- Experience of productionizing machine learning algorithms
- Exposure to DevOps concepts
Come join us if you are an experienced Data Scientist and interested in working in a diverse team where focus lies on the team effort, with deliveries that really make a difference to the business. Come join us if you want to work in a fast-paced environment, in a department that values both professional and personal development and performance, while at the same time cherishes a fun and stimulating work environment and work-life balance.
What Tele2 can give you:
Working at Tele2 you will work in a creative and flexible work environment. You will be a part of culture where teamwork and inclusion are leading the way forward. Every employee is important for the company’s success and you will always have an impact of your work. We provide you with the opportunity to grow and develop through internal paths within the organization.
The position is located in our headquarter in Kista, Stockholm. We want to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen. At Tele2, we aim to build an inclusive company in a diverse world and for this position we are happy to see female and international applicants!
You are welcome to submit your application. Selection and interviews are conducted continuously.