The Big Data Team (working mode: Agile Scrum) is searching for an experienced data engineer.
The project you will be working on represents Airbus Defence and Space's analytics capabilities for our largest customers and all our large aircraft. It delivers improved performance and customer experience and enables a rapid understanding of the potential of digitalisation for our customers.
You will be at the forefront of further developing our Data Analytics solutions. The main task will be to overcome the major technological challenges in dealing with large amounts of data.
In addition to creating new services, it is also a matter of keeping the existing services in operation, limiting the technical debt and actively taking into account the technological developments in the areas of Cloud, Big Data and AI.
We have well over 50 data products and operate well over 10 use cases in production. In addition, we already have a data pool of several terabytes.Your location
Located about an hour’s drive north of Munich, Manching is an up-and-coming market town that offers a wide range of leisure and cultural activities. Here, you can enjoy the quality of life in the countryside while the pleasures of near-by cities are still within easy reach.Your Benefits
- Attractive salary and special payments
- 30 days holidays and extra days-off for special occasions
- Excellent upskilling opportunities and great international, group wide development prospects
- Special benefits: employer-funded pension, employee stock options, discounted car leasing, special conditions for insurances, subsidies for public transport, employee benefits at cooperating companies
- On-site-facilities: Medical officer for check-ups and other health-related services, canteen and cafeteria, kindergarten close to the site
- Compatibility of family & work (job sharing, part-time models, flexible working hours, individual timeout)
- Working in a diverse environment, with more than 140 nationalities, where every voice is heard
- Know the raw data, know SQL, and have the capabilities to export the data and transform it to the preferred format.
- Make things happen in IT-managed environments: Once experiments have proven a process’s value, you start to automate it so that data is collected, cleansed, integrated, and made available.
- Depending on the target operating model, you can perform the operations by yourself(DevOps)
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures
- Collecting data and datawrangling, i.e. transforming, cleansing and linking with other data
- Provide data sets for machine data models; determine relationships between data source attributes
- Apply data mining techniques to perform statistical analysis
- Development and implementation of program prototypes, mainly in Python and Bash
- Support in the implementation of proof-of-concept and projects within the Community
- Promote new working methods and new data governance models
- Present the results to different target groups; from engineers to managers
- Sharing and exchanging knowledge with other teams and in cooperation with the Airbus Digital Teams
- M.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science or a similar field
- Expertise in data integration and management, in particular in the automated integration of a variety of data sources
- Secure handling of the usual software engineering practices: continuous integration (Jenkins, etc.), DevOps, version control (git, etc.), code quality (pylint, etc.), design reviews, ETL (Airflow, etc.), testing (DocTest, pyTest, etc.)
- Expertise in automated data pre-processing
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Spark, cluster management (in particular: monitoring, optimisation, auditing, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of programming in Python (in particular: pySpark, pandas, matplolib, sci-kit learn, etc.)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.Company
Airbus Defence and Space GmbHEmployment Type
Customer Eng.&Technical Support&Services
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to email@example.com.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.