Lendlease is searching for a Data Engineer to join our digital business based in Singapore.
Lendlease is a global leader within construction and infrastructure, headquartered in Australia, with offices in Asia, the Americas and Europe. Lendlease is responsible for various renowned developments around the globe, including Paya Lebar Quarter and 313 Somerset in Singapore and a $21 billion district development for Google in the San Francisco Bay area.
The Data Engineer is a key member of the CIO Asia team and will enable our organisation’s transformation towards new set of digital products and services using corporate, client and public data sources.
The primary focus of the role will be delivering high-quality data analysis and insights for internal and external customers. This would include applying data analysis techniques, identifying key insights and developing automated dashboards.
In your role as a Data Engineer , your responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Enhance data collection, processing and cleansing procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Develop and support automated and interactive visualisation and BI tools.
- Normalise and develop new data sources. This includes developing and implementing automated cleansing routines and procedures to improve data quality.
- Develop standalone functions and routines to enhance data, either via third party tools or scripts.
- Extend company’s data with third party sources of information when needed.
- Interpret and analyze patterns and present data findings to stakeholders to help support decision making.
- Collect and interpret data, including logical mapping for the purposes of data modellers/scientists etc
- Identify, analyse and escalate enterprise data quality issues, facilitate the determination of issue impact, root cause and solution options.
- Maintain appropriate level of documentation for new and existing initiatives.
- Design and build data ingestion/integration solutions to receive data from these prioritized external data sources.
- Develop data pipelines for the delivery of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data to the required standards. This might relate to internal applications, data marts/data warehouses or other systems.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role in a global organization environment
- Good experience of state-of-the-art data mining methods
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience in research, collation, analysis and development of product and customer requirements.
- Data visualisation skills in Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI etc.
- Database querying competency using SQL, PostgreSQL, Hive, Pig.
- Experience with common data mining programming languages, such as R and Python an advantage.
- Some experience with data manipulation and analysis through university degree or professional experience.
- Keen interest in acquiring knowledge in dimensional modelling, data warehousing design and data management best practices.
- Keen interest in developing solid scripting skills in Spark, Python, SQL, Scala, etc.
Why Join Us?
- You will work in a purpose-driven organization that cares for our people, offering flexibility and allowing you to bring your whole self to work
- You will get to work with multiple senior business leaders across a diverse business and be empowered to bring creative solutions to the table and make an impact making Lendlease an even greater place to work
- We provide career and growth opportunities for our talent, with our outstanding variety of projects, international presence and investment in talent and leadership
- We provide market-leading leave and healthcare benefits, as well as wellbeing programs to support the physical and mental wellbeing of you and your family
No matter where your office is, you will be a part of a company that values you. At Lendlease, we invest in you professionally and personally so that you perform to your full potential to leave behind positive legacies in years to come.
Lendlease is a diverse, flexible and inclusive employer of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people. Inclusion sets all of us up for success.
If you are interested in building a career with Lendlease please click on apply to submit your application online & click on apply now.
L endlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.