Digica are AI and Software Experts delivering tomorrow's AI-powered technology today.
Our team research, implement and commercialise intelligent software across the AI spectrum with specific focus on Deep Learning in Computer Vision (including non-visible spectra), as well as objects recognition and classification, AI on the edge and AI in embedded systems. The keywords of Digica are Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Robotics.
We work with global companies and innovative start-ups across many industries including Defence, Medical and Telecoms. In Digica we are pushing the line where science becomes technology for the benefit of better tomorrow for all of us.
Digica are searching for a highly-skilled Data Scientist with experience in Predictive Maintenance to join our fast growing team. As a member of this team, you’ll be working on various projects of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning areas. The work may also include large (Big Data) data sets used to providing data-driven insights to help our customers based on the West Coast of USA and Europe. This is a full-time position based in our office in Łódź.
- Proficiency and broad experience in programming in Python
- Working knowledge of NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn and one of the following: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
- Working knowledge of a variety of currently used Machine Learning algorithms, including XGBoost, neural networks (dense, CNN, RNN), PCA, etc.
- Experience from projects relating to Predictive Maintenance
- Good applied statistics skills with understanding of distributions, statistical testing, regression etc.
- Data visualisation skills, using eg. Matplotlib
- Working knowledge of Git, SQL and GNU Linux
- Experience in other programming languages will be an asset eg. R, Java, C/C++
- Experience in tools for big data processing will be an asset eg. Hadoop and/or Spark
- Problem-solving attitude
- Exposure to research
- Fluency in English language - the majority of our customers do not speak Polish
The Data Science team cooperates with different customers’ representatives, including business analysts, engineers, marketers, and product teams. Ideal candidates will need to have a good knowledge of statistics and machine learning algorithms, experience working with large datasets, and ability to communicate effectively with non-technical audiences.
Ph.D. or Masters in Math, Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience.
What we offer / Who we are
- We are a company specializing in applying Artificial Intelligence methods for big tech companies
- All our projects include research and development of new products - we are doing things no one has done before
- Our customers are mostly from Defense, Medical and Entertainment domains
- We are focused on developing people and supporting their curiosity
- We offer staff participation in internally developed AI Academy run by the most experienced of our employees
- Full-time position based in our office in Łódź, part time remote work is possible. You can choose the form of employment according to your choice (B2B, employment or ordered work contracts)