Most businesses pay their monthly electricity bill without understanding the details. As a licensed energy company, we developed a data - driven platform that gives businesses and their trusted partners the insights and tools they need to understand their bill. Understanding their bill helps large businesses unlock enormous savings opportunities. Last year alone, our customers saved $40 million and reduced 400 tons of CO2e.
Our core team has built out our Ontario business, and we are now looking to grow the team as we expand into other North American markets. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to own a project, you will fit right in! We are currently located in the awesome Communitech building in downtown Kitchener-Waterloo. The team is working from home for the time being, but we are excited to get back when the time is right.
We are looking for a member of our Data Science and Market Research team to help support our team as we expand to new markets. If you thrive in a startup environment where you have an immense amount of influence, this role is for you.
What you’ll do
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for:
- Thoroughly understanding the energy market for a specific region or regions across North America.
- Discover any and all opportunities for EnPowered to deliver savings in your region(s) including accurately calculating the magnitude of those potential savings and help the rest of the EnPowered team understand how to deliver those savings to end customers.
- Utilizing your analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets, which are relevant to the energy industry.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets in an effort to ensure that EnPowered’s solutions are the best in the market.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Work closely with product management, development, operations, marketing and sales teams to help deliver optimal solutions for our customers.
- You will provide industry insights to the Marketing Team such as competitor analyses and market trends
You are excited to bring your skills and experience to shape the future of the energy industry. To be effective in the role, these skills would be valuable:
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Environmental Science, Applied Statistics/Computing, Data Science, Mathematics, or any related field
- 2-3 years of data science experience in SaaS, enterprise, or software development
- Ability to work well with others from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds
- Willingness to make mistakes and learn on your feet
- Ability to move quickly and feel confident in your decisions
- Excellent organization and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Analytical Mindset with an intellectual curiosity to analyze semi-structured information with new tools, identify problems and trends, and solve complex problems with data
- Proven Expert Excel/Google Sheet user with report automation/BI tools (i.e. tableau) and database management systems/large dataset processing experience
In addition to the above, these skills would also be beneficial:
- Knowledge of the energy market including energy programs and their participants
- Intermediate-to-expert programming skills in Python/R, SQL, Git (version control)
- Able to learn data analytics on cloud computing platform
- Regulatory document review skills with proven data quality management, data visualization, and version control expertise
- An understanding of Jira and similar product management tools
- Experience working in a product organization focused on growth
What we offer
EnPowered has health benefits, offers flexible schedules, regular team bonding events, a competitive salary, stock options, and a generous vacation policy.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. In addition, please let us know if you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process.