Be a part of a progressive change!
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally redefining our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly new directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fuelled by technology.
The total transformation we’re going through means that there are outstanding tech projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions!
Join our Enterprise Analytics and Data department to help making our company even more data-driven. Meet different cultures and personalities every single day. Build a diverse and international network working for business partners all around the world. Enterprise Analytics and Data collaborates with partners across Finance, Consumer Insights, Sales Development, Engineering and IT Platforms. Our mission is to solve complex business problems with data and science.
We are looking for an individual who can dive deep into the data and excels in storytelling with data. The team’s culture is centered on rapid experimentation with open feedback and debate along the way. We encourage independent decision-making and taking smart risks.
Who are we looking for?
As an ideal candidate you should:
- hold BSc, MSc or PhD degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics),
- have business and analytical curiosity and thinking,
- have experience working in multidisciplinary teams,
- have a proven track record on putting data science to work in domains such as Finance & Banking, FMCG, Retail,
- know how to make research reproducible,
- have good communication skills (English),
- know how to create stunning visualizations of data insights and how to deliver thrilling presentations to non-tech savvy audience (storytelling),
- have solid understanding of data structures and algorithms, specifically used in time series analysis, sophisticated statistical methods and machine learning
- know Python and Spark for data analysis and machine learning,
- know how to turn exploratory Jupyter notebooks into a standalone Python solutions
- be experienced with commonly used cloud-based data science stack such as AWS (EMR, SageMaker, etc.)
- know what GitFlow and Docker are and how to use them,
- know what continuous delivery and continuous deployment are and how data scientists can benefit from it,
- be eager to automate own work
Your day to day:
You will help our functional partners primarily in Finance (but also in Sales, Marketing & Operations) as well as markets and regions in solving complex business problems. In particular, you will:
- turn business problems into data problems,
- invent and implement algorithms,
- design and build analytical solutions / decision support systems – all with leveraging from domains like statistics, time series analysis, machine learning & optimization,
- work in international teams with huge cultural diversity,
- interact not only with other fellow data scientists and business partners, but also with data engineers, DevOps, data architects, security and privacy experts, etc.
What we offer:
Our success depends on the people who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to try new things, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.