There's no such thing as a typical Informa colleague…And that's how we like it. We're a diverse Group, with over 10,000 colleagues working in many different roles in one of six Divisions and in over 30 countries. Each of us brings something different, a unique set of abilities, experience, and knowledge. It’s what makes us who we are.
All our businesses and offices share a culture based on respect and inclusiveness, and a working environment that is enjoyable, stimulating, rewarding and supportive for colleagues. One that enables everyone to fully participate in the life of the Group and its ongoing, sustainable growth.
As a division of Informa, a FTSE 100 company, Informa Markets provides customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through live, virtual and hybrid events, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions.
People are at the heart of Informa Markets. Our business thrives on the passion and entrepreneurship of our 4,000+ colleagues, who deliver over 500 international events and brands in more than 40 countries across the globe.
Using our industry insight, comprehensive portfolio of markets, content, and digital resources, we are passionate about creating platforms for our customers to connect and shaping environments that enable businesses to flourish.
What we’re looking for:
Informa Markets is seeking a full-time Data Analyst. The Data Analyst will provide analysis for both external and internal clients for Informa Markets. You will need to be flexible and adaptable to ensure collaborative work with multiple stakeholders. You will be helping the Senior Team make decisions, so this is a crucial role.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Provide outstanding services in accurate and timely fashion utilizing effective problem solving, critical thinking and time management skills
- Ability to pull information from multiple database systems, organize, prioritize, analyze that data and then report back in an executive summary format to Senior Management.
- Work heavily in multiple systems (this is a key element for success)
- Work closely with Operations team to understand and provide accurate client information and analysis as needed.
- Monitor both revenue & expenses for Trade Shows & perform various analytical exercises.
- Commissions calculations, financial calculations within contracts.
- Create reports in Power Bi by pulling and constructing data pulls from multiple systems.
- Review survey information and create reports from this data.
- Contract Review and Analysis
- Creating contracts and assisting Team Members with choosing vendors
- Financial & Spend Analysis across departments & divisions
- Assist with Building RFP’s, RFI’s & RFQ’s for Vendor Selection
- Assist with Vendor Management
- Train new staff on systems
- Help event teams execute Trade Shows and service Customer Base both internally with departments & externally with vendors.
- Partner with Event Team Management, Marketing, Sales, Registration, Operations, Housing, Finance and Legal, to ensure the best level of service is being provided to our exhibitors and attendees at our events.
- Help to Assist with the Management of technology systems.
- Identify and report on best practices, especially in terms of efficiency, to assist in streamlining our processes and procedures.
- Ensure and oversee consistency in procedures across shows (Contracts, booth approvals, vendor selection, etc) across supported events.
- Build relationships both internally & externally within the Trade Show Industry.
- Identify Gaps in systems and identify solutions
- Ad-Hoc Analysis
- Travel as requested (20% or less)
- Additional responsibilities as needed
What you bring to the team:
- College degree required (Advanced degree a plus)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a Trade Show related analysis position or a similar background.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Advanced computer skills required: Power Bi, Quickbase, Database management, Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, One Note, Teams) skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and maintain a high level of accuracy
- Analytical thinker with math skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking ability
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Understands the need for and readily accepts continuous performance feedback
Competitive Compensation Package
Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
401K and Matching
Generous PTO policy
Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa Markets is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.