The data engineer trainee is responsible for developing, constructing, testing, and maintaining of data system and infrastructure of Prudential to ensure the smooth delivery of business projects.
His/her responsibilities include:
- Build data pipelines between various on premise and cloud data sources related to DataHub projects.
- Enhance existing pipelines for projects running on DataHub platform using technologies such as Hadoop, Hive , Spark, Databricks
- Communicate with different stakeholders in the company to understand and help optimise the delivery of business projects.
- Work with optimising data retrieval for different stakeholders in the company.
- Ensure that the organisation's data systems meet the compan requirements, as well as research new uses for data acquisitions.
- Candidate should have basic knowledge of bash / shell scripting, programming language such as Java / C# / Python.
- Knowledge of SQL query language is desired.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS or Microsoft Azure will be an added advantage
Education Qualifications Required:
- Polytechnic Diploma or Professional Qualifications
Duration of Traineeship Offered:
Eligibility Criteria for SGUnited Traineeships:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident; and
- Graduated or graduating in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from ITEs, polytechnics, universities, or other educational institutions (e.g. private universities and overseas institutions); or
- Graduated earlier from above institutions and completed National Service in 2019 or 2020.