Work closely with multidisciplinary teams to define solutions for the use, extraction, and manipulation of data as driven by the business need for knowledge and decision making. The Sr. Data Engineer works in close collaboration with the Expierence Analytics group to provide them with the data they need in the format that is optimal for making critical, real-time decisions.
- Audience selection
- Establish quality control measures to ensure accuracy of data and reports.
- Assist in the creation and documentation of database processes and business rules.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement in data accessibility and reporting as driven by the business needs.
- Participate in internal and client meetings to provide data strategy recommendations, knowledge and expertise.
- Work to automate data processes and reports.
- Write SQL queries and design data flows to facilitate campaign development and deployment.
- Assist with mentoring and training junior staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or technology field.
- 2-5 years of experience in an analytics or technology role.
- Prior experience with an advertising or consulting agency, a plus.
- Strong drive to improve and learn new skills.
- Able to write complex SQL statements and map relational database structure.
- Any data-related certifications, such as SQL, SAS, etc., are an advantage.
- Strong experience in MS Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Ability to deliver work within tight timelines, to budget and with high quality.
- Experience managing large data extraction and manipulation.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and first-rate interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Experience with audience management tools such as Adobe Campaign, Unica, Redpoint, etc
- Expierence with ESP such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Campaign, Eloqua, Marketo, etc.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Domo, QlikView, GoodData, Looker, etc., are an advantage.
- Experience R, Python or other analytical platforms.