- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Minimum of 8+ years hands-on experience as a Data Scientist performing statistical analysis, data visualization and machine learning on big data
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or equivalent
- Proficiency with SQL, Spark, Python, R, or Scala
- Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build actionable models to deliver timely insights
- Experience working closely with internal stakeholders such as business teams, engineering teams, and partner teams and align them with respect to your focus area
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is building several new analytics-driven services that will transform the sales and marketing ecosystem. We are looking for a Data Scientist that can work comfortably with large volumes of data, derive key insights, build and maintain machine learning (ML) models, and perform A|B tests while maintaining the highest standards for security and operational excellence. As a Data Scientist, you will collaborate closely with the product managers and engineering teams to generate timely insights to help our marketers and sellers. If you are looking to be part of a new strategic AWS initiative, have a startup-DNA, and want to create the next-generation sales engagement offerings, contact us to learn more!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.Location:
Strong preference for this position to be in Boston, but open to these additional locations: Seattle, WA, Dallas, TX and Arlington, VA. Relocation offered from within the US to any of these locations.Key Responsibilities:
In this role,
- You will apply your skills to create insights, and produce recommendations to help AWS Sales team.
- You'll be involved in all phases of research and experiment design and analysis, including defining research questions, designing experiments, identifying data requirements, conducting statistical or machine learning-based modeling, and communicating insights and recommendations.
- You will develop machine learning models and work with engineering team to deploy to production.
- You are also be expected to continuously learn new systems, tools, and industry best practices to analyze big data and enhance our analytics.
- Master's/PhD degree in or Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
- Experience using AWS technologies such as Redshift, Sagemaker, Athena, S3, EC2, Quicksight
- Solve analytical problems, and effectively communicate models, trends, analysis, anomalies and results
- Experience with libraries such as Pandas, Matplotlib
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and insights to non-experts
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.