Information Technology (IT)
We are looking for a highly motivated and technology savvy Big Data Engineer with solid experience implementing Big Data Solutions (Cloudera/cloud) as well as classical data warehouse solutions (DB2) to help build next generation data and analytics systems. On this position, you will:
- provide implementation support on variety of data management and analytics projects using the approved databases (big data as well as relational databases)
- translate functional and technical requirements into detail design
- develop required code for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and 'big data' technologies
- designing, developing, constructing, installing, testing and maintaining highly scalable, robust and fault-tolerant data management & processing systems
- develop end-to-end data pipelines; defining database structure, applying business rules and functional capabilities, security, data retention requirement etc.
- work with stakeholders including business area sponsors, product owners, data architect, data engineers, project managers, data scientist and business analysts to assist them with their data-related technical issues and support their data needs.
- work with big data solution architect to strive for greater standardization across various data pipelines
- develop functional specifications in a team environment, as well as derive use cases where appropriate
You’ll be working in the Analytics Data Sourcing team in Manno, closely collaborating with colleagues located in Basel and Zurich.
We provide wide data sourcing services for data consumers (data marts, operative applications, data scientist, etc.) using classical data warehouse as well as advanced analytics solutions.
We are a team of open minded and highly motivated professionals who care about quality. We are accountable for what we do and have a full say in how we do things. We do believe in Agile and state of the art development environment – we embody all of those in our everyday work to ensure our deliveries has the highest quality and value to customer at its heart.
- ideally 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer within the financial sector
- experience in building data ingestion pipelines (simulating ETL or ELT workloads for data warehouse or data lake architecture
- hands-on development in using open-source big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka, Impala, ELK etc. preferably with Cloudera Strong experience in data modelling, design patterns and building highly scalable Big Data application
- experience in designing and developing large-scale distributed applications using HBASE/ Hadoop/ Spark/ Scala.
- experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases: DB2, Oracle, Postgres, etc.
- experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- experience to work in a Scrum based environment
- fluent in English (German would be a plus)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.