We make small businesses more successful through better banking.
Our company is looking for a Data Scientist to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion We are a Toronto, New York and San Francisco-based, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered.
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered bank account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking platform, we are the world-class Finance Department that SMBs could never afford.
We ❤ data. As a Data Scientist you'll work with our world-class Data, Engineer, Growth and Product teams. Our COO has helped build digital products used by companies like Frank And Oak, Supercell, MachineZone, BMO, and Trivago. Oh, and our CEO? 6 years at McKinsey working on digital customer experience in financial services. We're building a product that solves real pain, vs the imagined kind. Feeling it?
The skills required for this role:
- You love using SQL and Python to answer business questions and analyze data
- You live and breath report automation
- You have a track record of world class data science experience that you can apply to product, operations, and growth marketing
- You're delighted by the idea building the foundational elements of a growing data science practice
- You're a strong, clear communicator, who knows how to keep the whole team on the same page
- Hands on experience working with tools like Looker and Mixpanel
- Financial services experience or good understanding of banking
- Experience working in a startup environment or for a SaaS company
- Background in management consulting
- PhD or Masters degree
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head-on.
As a Data Scientist you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We're a band of brothers and sisters supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We're really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You'll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn't come in one flavor and neither should we.
- Leadership: You're right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
- Top-tier health/dental benefits: We care about the people we work with and put their health first. NorthOne is proud to offer inclusive health and dental coverage.
- Flexible working hours: We don't clock in and out at set times. You know when you do your best work. We celebrate accomplishments, not how many hours are spent at the office.
- Unlimited paid time off: We hire talented people and know that they need time off to be at their best. Take as much time off as you need to recharge and make sure you're working sustainably.
- The latest computer equipment: We make sure you have the best equipment so you can produce great work.
- Professional development budget: We support lifelong learners by covering the cost of classes, workshops and conferences. You'll also get access to our ever-growing library of industry-related books.
- Remote get-togethers: Bond with your teammates over shared interests at regular get-togethers. Find like-minded people who are passionate about everything from sport and music to gaming and cooking.
- One hell of an adventure!
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.