Job Title: Data Engineer - Product ForensicsLocation: Melbourne
- Help shape the future of how we use machine learning and automation
- Apply your software development & programming skills to build robust curated data assets, product monitoring pipelines and end-to-end solutions that will automate and scale the Product Forensics Monitoring
- Play a key role in maturing the Product Forensics Lifecycle that will ultimately enables our Product Tribes to better understand their products and take action for our customers efficiently and accurately.
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Data Engineer to join our Product Forensics Tribe. The Product Forensics Unit is growing capability to assure that we continuously deliver on the “Customer Promise” as dictated by a product’s Terms and Conditions and other Product Collateral. We do this by investigative the transactional and product account data to identify “product variances” and “observations of interest”. We are focused and actively understands industry trends, ensuring capability development is aligned
As a Data Engineer,
you will be responsible for building world class capability in your chapter. You’ll bring domain knowledge or deep expertise to the role, and be responsible for designing and creating data processing solutions that enable value from analytic models to drive rapid decision making.
A key element of this will be driving the data engineering agenda within the squad, ensuring delivery of best practice end-to-end data engineering while respecting ANZ architecture standards.What a typical day might look like
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Independently drive change through to production to support Product Forensic Unit solutions, as necessary.
- Assist the business in bringing onto platform new data sets and curating them together in order to facilitate monitoring pipelines.
- Drive continuous improvements of the system, development practice and processes that support scalability and optimise supportability.
- Review all deliverables to ensure quality and conformance to standards
- Make recommendations based on experience and expertise on appropriate uplift, future enhancements and contribute to overall quality of the product monitoring solution end state
- Extraction of data and understanding of how to leverage the data to create value and respond to customer requirements for information
- Solid development experience in at least one of these programming languages: Python, Pyspark or Scala.
- Experience in working with Hadoop ecosystem/EMR and Spark.
- Strong SQL skills for data curation, transformation and processing
- Understands and can articulate the advantages of distributed system design and components.
- Solid understanding of end-to-end behaviour of enterprise applications, from front end through to database, authentication and access control;
- Proficiency in understanding data, entity relationships, data flow and data manipulation (Extract, Transform or Load)
- Experience in the financial industry, products and markets would be highly regarded.
- Experienced with tools such as JIRA, Confluence and test driven methodologies and frameworks.
- Understand foundations of good data management and practices and can implement these to assure an applications quality and stability.
- Strong ability to clearly articulate and document design and development so it communicates requirements specifically depending on the end user
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you.About ANZ
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS116609