United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Operations Anlys & Performance
Ref #: 19186
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
Delta’s brand is based on best-in-class operational performance, the foundation of which is providing safe and reliable operations for our customers’ travel experience. The role of Operations Analytics (OA) is to support this mission by providing strategic insights by first understanding business processes and then leveraging data and analytics to drive continuous improvement efforts.
Data has transformed the way Delta operates. The role of a data engineer is to further harness the power of data by making it accessible, available, and curated for reporting and analysis. Data engineering teams within Delta’s Operations Analysis and Performance (OAP) division are typically responsible for: curating Single Source of Truth data tables to be used by analytics teams, producing and distributing automated reporting in a modular and scalable manner, leading efforts to transition to modern data and reporting tools, and acting as a center of expertise for efficient data processing and management.KEY Responsibilities:
What You Need To Succeed (minimum Qualifications)
- Locate and extract data from a variety of sources for use in analysis, models and project development
- Clean and curate datasets by researching new data sources and collaborating with other business units to determine the best source for the data, aggregating views into meaningful hierarchies
- Be familiar with data environments and collaborate to improve automated reports and analyses in support of divisional leaders and business units
- Leverage emerging technologies and proactively identify efficient and meaningful ways to communicate data and analysis in order to satisfy divisional needs
- Support process improvement and project management engagements for both individual business units and cross-divisional initiatives
- Train and mentor other team members in various skillsets and subjects
- Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
- Have a team first attitude with the success of our team and business partners as the top priority
- Be intellectually curious, ask questions, and speak up when they have an idea
- Enjoy working in a high-profile environment with fluid priorities, ambiguity and aggressive deadlines
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge (preferred Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree or certificate in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Science, or other relevant quantitative field and 3+ years of related experience
- Proficiency in SQL and ETL/ELT patterns
- Proficiency with Python, SAS or other similar tools and programming languages
- Ability to troubleshoot a reporting database environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work autonomously and manage multiple requests with varying timelines
- Self-starter with a resilient, solution-minded approach to complex problems working individually or in a group
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Demonstrates that privacy is a priority when handling personal data.
- Embraces a diverse set of people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
- Previous airline experience
- Working knowledge of and/or experience with cloud-based solutioning (i.e. Azure, AWS, GPC, etc.)