In today’s rapidly evolving technology landscape, an organization’s data has never been a more important aspect in achieving mission and business goals. Our data exploitation experts work with our clients to support their mission and business goals by creating and executing a comprehensive data strategy using the best technology and techniques given the challenge.
At Steampunk, our goal is to build and execute a data strategy for our clients to coordinate data collection and generation, to align the organization and its data assets in support of the mission, and ultimately to realize mission goals with the strongest effectiveness possible.
For our clients, data is a strategic asset. For the our client, they are looking to become a facts-based, data-driven, customer-focused organization. To help realize this goal, they are leveraging visual analytics platforms to analyze, visualize, and share information. At steampunk you will design and develop on a next-generation Visual Analytics and Collaboration suite.
We are looking for seasoned Data Engineer to work with our existing Data Exploitation team to develop Strategies and then deliver results. We are looking for a more than just a Data Engineer, but a technologist with excellent communication and customer service skills and a passion for data.
- Profile and analyze source system data to determine data relationships, keys, conformed dimensions, and necessary transformations
- Identify data quality issues
- Ensure data structures are designed for flexibility to support clients' business needs
- Develop strategy and repeatable process for maintaining Enterprise Data Models
- Design & test integrations to/from data modeling tools
- Work with developers to create an API access layer for the data
- Reverse engineer complex, new datasets, and map these new datasets to the existing model.
- Provide documentation and instruction to data modelers and developers
- Constantly interact with both ETL developers and end users data analysts to share knowledge, collect feedback, and provide additional implementation requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and review data processes and architecture for both on-premise and cloud-based data systems
- You will contribute to the growth of our Data Exploitation Practice.
- Who wants to do something different......
- US Citizen Only
- Ability to hold a position of public trust with the US government.
- 3+ years industry experience coding commercial software and a passion for solving complex problems.
- 3+ years direct experience in Data Modeling and Data Solution Development
- Experience with data modeling tools and their integrations
- Experience developing processes to manage data model development, principles, and standards
- Experience architecting data warehouses
- Demonstrated and understanding customer requirements and prioritize for maximum customer / user experience.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience as a big data architect/engineer
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience manipulating structured and unstructured data for analysis
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience constructing complex queries to analyze results using databases or in a data processing development environment
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience aggregating results and/or compiling information for reporting from multiple datasets
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with staff, IT customers, and other technical and non-technical staff and contractors at all levels
- Demonstrated experience translating product requirements into system solutions that take into account technical, schedule, cost, security, and policy constraints
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated experience providing technical direction to project teams of developers and data scientists who build web-based interfaces, dashboards, and reports
- Demonstrated experience working with data science tools technologies, particularly Python or SQL
- Demonstrated experience with Solr, Elasticsearch, or similar tool
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or a scientific or technical discipline
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.