Farnell, an Avnet company, is a global high-service distributor of technology products, services and solutions for electronic system design, maintenance and repair.
Farnell (an Avnet company) is looking for passionate people to join our market leading brand. To continuously outperform ourselves we’re taking bold steps to become the fastest growing online electronics and technology products provider in the world. We're doing this by tailoring the digital experience for each customer, cutting the time-to-value in half, and moving to a modern, cloud-based architecture. In 2020 we embarked on our Agile transformation journey, standing up multiple cross-functional scrum teams who are all committed to building products that our customers will love. If you’re a top performer interested in getting your hands dirty and spearheading change globally – this is the place for you. Our people are at the heart and centre of everything we do.
Our roles offer flexible remote, blended or office based working to suit your preference . Our UK HQ is located in Leeds City Centre (West Yorkshire).
WHO ARE YOU:
You thrive off designing and developing data mining tools, modelling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic and visualization techniques. You are intellectually curious, and not afraid to stand up and question validity of data where necessary You have an understanding of Agile methodologies.
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, MS or PhD preferred and at least 3+ years experience
- You have Python or R proficiency working with DataFrames and must have proficiency writing complex SQL queries (required)
- You have proficiency with Machine Learning in favour of clustering, classification, regression, anomaly detection, simulation and optimization problems on large scale data sets (required)
- You have proven ability to merge and transform disparate internal & external data sets together to create new features (required)
- You have experience with Big Data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) and with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, R Shiny) (preferred)
- You have exceptional communication and collaboration skills to understand business partner needs and deliver solutions, and a bias for action, with ability to deliver outstanding results
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Personalisation team is on a mission to tailor digital experiences to multiple segments globally across digital channels. As a data scientist in an agile team, you are responsible for building next generation advanced analytics engines and services which will support strategic business decision making. You will leverage your strong expertise in artificial intelligence through use of machine learning, data mining, and information retrieval, and will collaborate with business partners to define the technical problem statement and hypothesis to test; with the support of a cross-functional team. You are comfortable working in a constantly changing work environment.
- You will collaborate with business partners to develop novel ways to meet objectives utilising cutting edge techniques and tools
- You will lead analytic approaches, integrating work into applications and tools with data engineers, business leads, analysts and developers
- You will create repeatable, interpretable, dynamic and scalable models that are seamlessly incorporated into analytic data products
- You will engineer features by using your business acumen to find new ways to combine disparate internal and external data sources
- You will share your passion for Data Science with broader enterprise community; identify and develop long-term processes, frameworks, tools, methods and standards
A CAREER WITH FARNELL:
A career at Farnell means you will work alongside remarkable people who will help you reach your full potential and have a successful career with us. Your unique voice will be heard here and together we can build a better, stronger and more inclusive workplace that will bring us to being the leading B2B eCommerce brand for another 80 years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center in your region: Americas applicants – firstname.lastname@example.org , Asia applicants - email@example.com , EMEA applicants - hrnow.EMEA@avnet.eu .
Job Applicant EMEA Imprints