At Definitive Healthcare, our passion is to transform data, analytics and expertise into healthcare commercial intelligence. We help clients uncover the right markets, opportunities and people, so they can shape tomorrow’s healthcare industry. Our SaaS platform creates new paths to commercial success in the healthcare market, so companies can identify where to go next.
Our employees are kind, collaborative, energetic, approachable and driven. On top of that, we value the unique perspectives, backgrounds and voices of our employees. Why? Because their diverse experiences drive new ideas and help us build a better community.
For over 10 years, we’ve built a collaborative culture driven by employees who share a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem, enjoy giving back to the local community and value diversity and inclusion.
One of the hallmarks of our culture is our commitment to community service. Through the DefinitiveCares program, employees can work with their choice of more than 40 charitable organizations, supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, racial justice, women’s initiatives and more. 2021 marked the sixth year that we had 100% employee participation in DefinitiveCares.
We also provide a range of opportunities for employees to connect with each other. Employees can join any of our employee run affinity groups supporting causes such as women’s empowerment, LGBTQ+, Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), disabilities and working parents and potential for many more. Affinity groups often enable greater education companywide through training, events and speaker series.
We’re also a great place to work. For five years in a row, we’ve been recognized by the Boston Business Journal
and the Boston Globe
as a best place to work in Massachusetts. In 2022, Energage recognized us for Culture Excellence in Compensation & Benefits, Innovation, Great Leadership, Purpose & Value and Work-Life Flexibility!
Think you’d be a good addition to our team? Explore our available positions here. We’d love the chance to get to know you.
Definitive Healthcare is looking for a Senior Data Analyst
to help provide custom reports and recurring data extracts to our diverse client base.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will synthesize data in SQL and collaborate with colleagues and clients to deliver polished reports in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will have a blend of technical, customer service, and analytical skills with a strong base of healthcare industry knowledge.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires you to balance multiple ongoing projects, this role is for you!Responsibilities
- Generate quantitative reports of large-scale healthcare data for use in solving client business issues
- Deliver custom projects using SQL, Excel, SSIS, BigQuery, or other software
- Work extensively with the Product and Customer Success teams to deliver informed analyses to customers
- Independently interact with customers over web conference to understand data use-cases and uncover reporting opportunities
- Design and implement optimized solutions using feedback from other data analysts
- Train other team members on SQL and reporting best practices
- Manage the completion of client data integration projects
- Act as a technical point of contact for syndication and major integration clients
- Present intricate use cases to fellow team members based on client projects or other market intelligence
- Lead Professional Services Office Hours and collaborate with other members of the organization to increase client participation in the platform, explore reporting capabilities, and enable more profound strategic partnerships with clients
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in quantitative or healthcare background such as Computer Information Systems or Healthcare Informatics
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis, report building, research, or similar work in a professional office setting
- 3+ years of SQL experience in a professional office setting developing queries, views, and stored procedures
- Extensive knowledge of relational database principles
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong quality assurance abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage priorities simultaneously
- Experience with Real World Evidence (RWE), including medical claims/EHR data and coding terminology (DRG, ICD, HCPC/CPT, NDC)
- High level of initiative and the ability to work and organize time independently
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
- Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
If you are a California, Colorado, New York City or Washington resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information
Please note: All communications regarding the hiring process at Definitive Healthcare will come directly from one of our corporate recruiters or coordinators with an @definitivehc.com email address. We will never request any money transfer or purchase of equipment with a promise of reimbursement. If you receive any suspicious communications, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your status in the application process.