- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field or 7+ years industry experience.
- Demonstrated strength in data modelling, ETL development, and data warehousing experience with Oracle, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Advanced SQL and query performance tuning skills.
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing data sets from multiple sources.
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (e.g. Python, Java).
- Flexibility for alternate EU Amazon offices*
Amazon’s mission is to be the most customer centric company in the world. The Workforce Staffing organization is on the front line of that mission by hiring the hourly fulfilment associates who make that mission a reality. To drive the necessary growth and continued scale of Amazon’s associate needs within a constrained employment environment, Amazon is creating a Workforce Staffing Analytics program.
This program will re-invent how Amazon attracts, communicates with, and ultimately hires its hourly associates. This team will own multi-layered research and program implementation to drive deep learnings, process improvements, and strategic recommendations to global leadership. Are you passionate about data? Are you a tinkerer by trade? Do you enjoy questioning the status quo? Do complex and difficult challenges excite you? If yes, this may be the team for you.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will provide technical leadership, lead data engineering initiatives and build end-to-end analytical solutions that are highly available, scalable, stable, secure, and cost-effective. You strive for simplicity, demonstrate creativity and sound judgement. You deliver data solutions that are customer focused, easy to consume and create business impact. You are passionate about working with huge datasets and have experience with the organization and curation of data for analytics. You have a strategic and long term view on architecting advanced data eco systems. You are experienced in building efficient and scalable data services and have the ability to integrate data systems with AWS tools and services to support a variety of customer use cases/applications.In this role, you have the opportunity to:
- Design, implement and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for analytics and data science.
- Implement data ingestion routines both real time and batch using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes by leveraging AWS technologies and big data tools.
- Gather business and functional requirements and translate these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions with a flexible and adaptable data architecture.
- Collaborate with engineers to help adopt best practices in data system creation, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service modeling and production support for customers.
- Industry experience as a Senior/Lead Data Engineer or related specialty with a track record of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large data sets.
- Experience providing technical leadership on high impact cross fucntional technical projects.
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
- Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects.
- Experience using AWS technologies (e.g. Redshift, S3, EC2)
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space.
- Experience mentoring team members on best practices.