At Bain we say “Champion the bold to achieve the extraordinary”. At the Advanced Analytics Group (AAG) we deeply embody that statement; we put remarkable data innovators in front of the world's toughest challenges, delivering impact that goes way beyond businesses. By doing that, we aim to challenge the status quo and redefine the domains in which we work.
We are building the most influential data innovation hub in South America. We are looking for creative yet courageous professionals like you to play a key role in helping us pursue this endeavor.
What can you expect from us?
We are people centered and team players: we want to provide an awesome environment to work and grow. An environment where we care about people, our wellbeing and a healthy and vibrant long term development. We believe in a place where autonomy is at the core, and where servant leadership provides direction, guidance and motivation, enabling the best version of each of us so we can build teams based on trust and where we help others shine.
We deliver positive impact and challenge the status quo: we are obsessed with unleashing our clients’ full potential by developing quick and dirty data products that evolve fast through agile experimentation. We design a vision not conquered yet, and we only seek to make it a reality and bring true impact to the domains we work on. Be it a very complex operational mining process, an NGO’s educational challenge, a retailer’s e-commerce, or a climate change endeavor, we bring state-of-the-art advanced analytics techniques to create new superior realities for our clients.
We are playful and seek for uniqueness: complex problems require thinking out-of-the-box, giving room to challenging ideas and points of view. How we enable that? By nurturing creativity and having fun exploring novel paths and promoting curiosity and learning in empowered teams that take seriously their instincts and passions. We’ve seen over and over again that this never-ending learning philosophy make us better and stronger, broaden our capability range and enlighten our version in the future to tackle challenges that we haven’t seen before.
We’d love if:
- You are a curious person.
- You are obsessed by learning new things, tackling new problems and being constantly challenged.
- You describe yourself as a proactive and creative person.
- You don’t feel bad facing failure, instead you learn the reason behind it and learn from it.
- You value learning from others, but you also love learning by yourself and teaching yourself new skills.
- You value when things are well-written, so you put your best effort on it. Be it code, documentation or an email.
- You feel comfortable reading, writing and speaking in English.
- You speak Spanish or Portuguese (⭐️ if you dominate both).
- You have strong communication skills and feel comfortable working with people that have different roles and seniority levels.
- You enjoy working on constantly iterative processes.
- You embrace a deep respect for diversity.
Machine Learning Engineer @ Bain
We are looking for a new Expert Senior Manager, Machine Learning Engineer to join our team in Brazil, or Chile, to work in advanced analytics projects for our clients, in our factory team and/or in our own R&D team. For us, a Machine Learning Engineer is someone who has a broad knowledge of all the lifecycle of a Machine Learning project. We don’t expect you to necessarily have the deep mathematical knowledge a Data Scientist has. Nor being able to write a whole web application by yourself, as a Software Engineer does. But, you must feel very comfortable navigating between both worlds.
As an Expert Senior Manager, Machine Learning Engineer, you will lead on technical decision making, embedded in projects and working with clients of different industries. You will also get your hands dirty writing code to get Machine Learning models working at real world production environments. This role acts as a professional advisor to Machine Learning Engineers and teams up closely with Data Scientists, Impact Leaders, Consultants and Team Leaders to boost, deepen and streamline the development of innovative solutions that respond to high complexity problems.
What we expect from you?
- Strong theoretical background on machine learning, and practical experience on building and deploying machine learning models.
- Write code in Python, embracing good code practices.
- Being able to deal with different tasks during the whole Machine Learning life cycle. What kind of tasks? ML model deployment and maintenance, building and using tools for ML monitoring, CI/CD pipeline design, supporting experimentation with ML models, designing and building data pipelines, among others.
- You have experience working with cloud infrastructure.
- You are comfortable with the lifecycle of a Machine Learning model.
- You are comfortable with Containers.
- You can build a service that exposes a ML Learning model to be consumed by other applications.
- You love teaching others and sharing good practices.
- You like getting your hands dirty with new tools and languages. Sometimes it is better to take a risk and learn something new, rather than choosing the good old hammer you always use. It doesn’t matter if you take more time, it is an investment for the future.
- You like being versatile. You get bored when every day looks the same, so you like sometimes getting dressed as a Data Scientist, Data Engineer or Software Engineer.
- Constant collaboration with your teammates.
- Provide and accept frequent feedback.
- Be autonomous within a collaborative environment.
- Find the best and unique version of yourself and boost it!
- You have 5 or more years of experience and/or a relevant graduate degree.
- You have experience leading technical teams.
What can you expect working with us?
At the beginning
- A big welcome!
- Immediately become part of our diverse human ecosystem.
- Become familiar with our tools and methodologies.
- You will have a buddy who will support you in everything related with your entry.
- You will be a Professional Development (PD) advisor for more junior team mates.
- You will have a Professional Development (PD) advisor to support you in your professional development.
During your first case
- Start with one of our clients in a project that has a clear scope and timeline.
- Be exposed to the inner-workings of a company and challenges.
- Interaction! You will have to relate with team mates as well as with clients in a dynamic style.
- Deploy a model into production that will directly impact reality.
- Start your PD plan inside AAG.
- You will receive continuous feedback from your team and leadership.
In between cases
It is common that when you end up a project, you have time until you are assigned into another project. This window is specially important so you can:
- Cool down and recover energies for next project.
- Document knowledge for the internal and external community.
- Join our R&D Lab and help us put into practice state-of-the-art and recently published AI papers.
- Write an article to publish on our engineering Medium.
During your second case
- You will help with proposals and designing solutions to clients.
- You will lead the Machine Learning Engineering efforts of the project.
- You will tackle a second problem, ideally different from your last project.
- As long as you learn new techniques, the complexity of your proposed solutions will grow.
- You will start walking ahead in your PD with your advisor.
- By then, you will have participated in one of our summits, where we spend time reflecting on the things we do but mainly having fun!
And from there
- You will be staffed to different projects in different industries.
- You will share with your colleagues your success and your failures.
- You will strengthen your critical thinking and be able to propose suitable solutions for each challenge.
- You will help us to define the right methodologies and technical tools to keep us up to date to offer the best possible solutions to our clients.
- You will have the space to explore topics of your interest and write articles to consolidate your knowledge and share it with your colleagues.
- You will have space to work in pro-bono projects.
- You will participate in summits every 6 months, where you will get to know better your teammates.
- 4 days week. We believe and push the balance between life and work and what better than having 3-day long weekends every week!
- 32 week hours. We recommend a working day between Monday to Thursday from 9am to 6pm. Sometimes we have to work more than that, but those weeks should be the exception and not the rule.
- Apple equipment.
- Maternity and Paternity leave: birth and non-birth parents will be eligible to receive 26 weeks* of paid leave.
- Life and medical insurance.
- Supplementary Health and Dental Insurance.
- Yearly bonus based on performance.
- Leave of Absence: unpaid break of 1-12 months (eligible after 1 year working with us).
- Gympass: experience fitness and wellness with gyms, studios and apps.
- Headspace: annual free subscription to the app that will provide Meditation and mindfulness for any mind, any mood, any goal.
- Language study subsidy (Spanish, Portuguese and English).
- By law, maternity leave in Chile can reach 30 weeks of paid leave.
Note: some benefits may differ depending on location and could be subject to change.
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future.
Across 62 cities in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition, and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster, and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise, and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development, and the environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.