55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
The BMO Journey Science team works with business partners across Personal and Business Banking to drive customer-centric strategies and effective decision making leveraging modern data architect and advanced statistical techniques.
We’re looking for a data scientist who can apply knowledge of advanced analytics to deliver analysis and or/predictions that enables smarter business decisions, improved customer experience, and drives productivity.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Consult on analytical solutions to understand, analyze, and synthesize requirements, goals and objectives relative to data and business needs and to enable high-quality, fact-based business decisions to drive better business outcomes.
- Act as a subject matter expert for journey sciences; collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to proactively look for business opportunities by analyzing the many sequences of events through which customers traverse in their interactions with BMO, and performing associated statistical analysis
- Deep understanding of fundamental data science methods such as regression, segmentation, causal inference and ability to apply them on an exploratory basis to provide analytical insights and drive business outcome
- Help drive transformation by identifying new business opportunities leverage a combination of descriptive and predictive analysis . Collaborate with business and technology partner to evolve analytics strategies for the business.
- Apply design-thinking and agile mindset in working with other engineers, and business stakeholders to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new initiatives.
- Explore new capabilities and technologies to drive innovation to scale the journey science platform
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or equivalent
- Extensive experience with SQL, Python and software engineering fundamentals
- Practical experience applying advanced analytics and algorithms to solve business problems
- Demonstrated ability to present analytical insights effectively to technical and non-technical stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Experience with statistical techniques and their applications in financial products and functions
- Experience with distributed computing language (e.g. Hive / Hadoop/ Spark) & cloud technologies (e.g. AWS Sagemaker, AzureML).
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R, SAS, SPSS) and machine learning algorithms/packages
- Deep proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.