At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
At Edward Jones we are developing a next-generation analytics architecture to support our growing business. As part of the Tech Data Engineering team, you will be challenged daily to find innovative solutions to improve the speed and consumption of our information. This will also bring you into contact with a diverse array of stakeholders ranging from IT to our front line business organizations, and you will be working on defining an architecture platform that establishes the foundational layer for Edward Jones analytics for years to come.Responsibility Summary :
The data engineer will focus on design of the Analytic Hub architecture and data pipelines based on business need and technology efficiency.
- Capable of being a technical lead of small teams of ETL developers/engineers on complex efforts/sprints.
- Assists in troubleshooting complex issues/efforts with other team members or cross divisional teams, leveraging seasoned judgment, technical and business acumen.
- Can easily assume team leadership responsibilities when called upon.
- Ability to quickly establish themselves as creditable resource for understanding new technologies and architectures related to data management solutions and business processes.
- Work closely with QA, business/product analysts and customers to design and implement new feature requests
- Ensures standards and directional adherence across the various technical domains.
- Work with internal and external technology experts to ascertain system functional capacity, constraints and support lifecycles. Evaluate and make recommendations to ensure technology investments are optimized.
- Proactively identify unnecessary complexity and potential failure points, assist with creating plans to reduce or eliminate where appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with technology teams and business partners to facilitate improved alignment of technology initiatives to business strategies
- Design and build analytic hub and data pipelines using technologies like Snowflake, Matillion, Qlik, Data Bricks, Oracle, SQL Server, RDS PostgreSQL, ETL/ELT Tools.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree required or related work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience directly related to Information Systems technology
- Experience building operational data stores and data services within wealth management and investment management space either as data analyst or data engineer
- 5+ years' experience building large scale operational data stores in Oracle or equivalent relational database
- 3+ years' experience using API platforms such as Mulesoft / APIGee and ELT platform such as Matillin or Informatica
- Experience building Infomatica MDM/RDM platform is highly desired
- Understanding of data domains such as client, account, investments, transactions, holdings etc. are highly desired
- FORTUNE 2020 – Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index – Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list – the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm’s 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate: